Chapter 13: Not Lonely

Some time has past and I can't tell what year it is on Earth from here. I realize that my husband was not joking when he said his kind doesn't take nine months to be created as babies. I have had two more children with him since then and I'm pregnant again. Since time goes faster up here than on Earth I still can't tell what time it is on Earth. I hope the mother of my avatar there is doing well.

Pale blue silver haired toddlers run around my legs and giggle everywhere I go in my husband's cool flame home. This place is massive. Me and the children haven't even scratched the surface of rooms in this place. I wonder what is in each one. My eldest son keeps leading us back to the library to read chapters of great warriors books. Their father is a great warrior himself but with the amount of destroyed lovers he has left in his wake... I don't want the children to see such brutal things so soon. I don't know how I'd explain that in the future. Hmm... I guess I'll leave that up to their father to explain to them.

Against my eldest son wishes we walk past the library to a room with an entrance encircled with blue flames. Once inside, blue flames pop up from the ground and light the sides of the room up. The back wall has shadow men frozen in place with different color hooded robes and weaponry. My jaw drops. Wow! This is so cool! I didn't know my husband kept all of his old weapons and gear. Upon closer inspection all of his stuff dwarves me and the children. It's all so big. We could not play with anything in here if we wanted to. I run my fingers along the bottom of some of the robes and my children copy me. My sons poke the swords, arrows and spears. "Be careful." I say to them. Now where was I wait... Did I just glimpse one of my sons run behind one of these shadow figures? I look again. It is just me and my eldest son in the room. He looks up at me with the shape of my eyes and those reflective eyes he got from his father. "Where did your brother and sister go?" I ask. He shrugs and I lightly dig a hand into my hair. Where do these children get this wandering from? I'm going to blame their father for this trait. I don't care. I laugh. "Let's go find your rambunctious siblings." I say to my son and sigh.

Behind the shadow statues is a dark corridor with neon green and blue glyphs highlighting the walls. They dance the further we walk in the corridor. I hear varying giggles come from the room at the end of the corridor. We enter the room and find a prairie with golden grass that is as tall as my knees. The grass lightly sways in the warm breeze and the place is bright as if the Sun is high in the sky but when you look you cannot find the Sun in the clear fiery orange sky.

My younger children run around their father and some unknown lady in the distance. She is taller than me but not taller than my husband. She is plump with not too much curve to her upper or lower body and she is wearing a short black pixie haircut. She's the opposite of me. I laugh in slight disbelief at what I am witnessing. I quell my assumptions and slowly walk over to them. My eldest son runs ahead of me. The children are really happy to see their father. I tuck my hands behind my back and look up at her with a smile. "Hey, who are you?" I ask.

My husband runs up to us and introduces her. "Ash, this is Cynthia your sisterwife. I thought it was unfair to put all these duties of bearing children on you and watching them alone when I'm away is too much for you. So, I got you a sisterwife. What do you think? I think you two will get along well." He says. My eyes widen from the shock of everything he said and then all expression fades from my face.

"So, she can breed with you and not get destroyed?" I look at him through the periphery of my eyes.

"Well, we've slept together without an issue. I don't know if we can make offspring yet. I have high hopes that we can. Then this will be even better for my race. Isn't this great, Ash?" I slowly blink looking between the two of them. I laugh awkwardly. I place a hand over my pregnancy bump. Cynthia looks down at it and smiles. "We're both going to be pregnant for our husband soon." She says and reaches out to touch my abdomen. I back away from her. "I don't like strangers touching me." I say. My husband looks down at me quizzically and cocks a brow.

"I'm going to take our children away for training. I hope that you and Cynthia keep an amicable relationship until we return." My eyes widen.

"Aren't they too young for that?"

"They have been withholding their true age from you so that you can keep treating them like little fledglings. I'll show you. In my race, once we are born we age at a good pace until we drastically slow down aging. It varies from being to being but we can shift between young adult to old age elder when we want to. Children show your mother your true age." They suddenly fade into giggling teenagers and stop running. My jaw drops at the tall silver haired teenagers around me and they look at the ground. "Why did you lie to me about your ages?" I ask.

My eldest son runs to me and shifts back to a toddler. "We didn't think you'd want to hug us, read us stories, or play hide and seek with us if we aged." I hug him and pet his wavy silver hair.

"I will always be your mother and you all are my babies. If you want to be treated like a toddler or a teenager, I will treat you like that. I want all my babies to be comfortable and happy on the path that they choose for themselves." I kiss him on the forehead and ruffle his hair. He holds onto my leg.

"Ok. Stop bothering your mother. She's pregnant." My husband says and my son slowly lets my leg go and runs back to his father and siblings. I walk some distance away from the screams and giggles still keeping an eye on all of them. I sit amongst the knee high grass. Cynthia runs over to me with a light sheen on her deep golden hued forehead and her grey house dress picks up wind. She kneels beside me and locks eyes with me. "Look, I don't like you and I don't care if you like me. Soon our husband will only belong to me. Look at me. I'm taller and stronger than you. I'd like if you stopped getting pregnant for my husband. That baby in your womb better be your last child with him. You have been replaced and I do hope you find another husband soon. Maybe next time... You won't make the same mistake of allowing your husband to take a sisterwife, huh?" She laughs then frolicks back to my husband and children. I knew this would happen.