Bonus Chapter 1: The Reptilianoid Arch

After meeting the nice beings that work on my husband's team and their spouses, I find myself in my husband's huge study with a pregnancy bump again. I want to read the reptilianoid chapter in my book of existence. The book automatically jumps to a page where I am in a wispy tailed, green dress frolicking through a boggy woodland.

I giggle and disappear into a tree trunk in my full phantom green form. A man with slit pupils in his light brown eyes walks through the bog land in a frenzy. His dark hair is messy on his head. I stay in phantom form and follow him through tree trunks until I see him stop at the edge of a big murky body of brownish green water.

He pulls off his drab village attire and hastily looks around at his surroundings. Then he shifts into this big brown dragon with six legs and a long body. I guess he's a fresh water dragon. Should I get out of my hiding place and let him know that I saw him? I chuckle. Why not? My husband is obsessed with Cynthia right now and my son thinks I'm too weak to be a mother that he could be proud of. I deserve an uplifting experience at this moment. I walk out of the tree trunk just as he readies himself to jump into the water.

"So you're a water dragon? Do you protect this lake?" I ask. He releases a hot breath and stares at me for a bit. Then he jumps into the lake. "Wait! I know you have a humanoid body!" I yell. He swims back to the edge of the lake. He gets out and shifts his form from brown scales to brown skin. His eyes have a natural arch to their edges that highlight the slit pupils in his eyes. He briskly closes the distance between us and licks my cheek.

"Who are you?" He asks in a raspy voice and squints down at me. "I travel through trees." I say and smile.

"You're a tree spirit. You must be a visitor here because everyone in this area knows that I'm the king of this lake."  My jaw drops briefly.

"Awesome! Do you rule over other beings or are you just possessing the lake."

"No underlings report to me and the other living creatures in the lake know to avoid me. I love my solitude." I slowly nod and put my hand under my chin.

He looks into my eyes intently. "I have a deal for you... I need an heir. My turf can't be ruled with an iron fist by me alone. Plus, I'm too lazy to look for a wife in the village again. Will you be my wife and give me an heir for my kingdom?" I rub my chin and look up.

I am married already but it seems as though I'm in an open marriage at this point. Me and my first husband keep collecting marriages. Should I count my business marriage to Brother as a real marriage? I guess I should. Why not marry him? It's not like my first two marriages are going well. I might as well try to get it right this time. Practice makes perfect.

"Why not? Let's get married and get you that heir." I say and laugh.

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

Nine months later we had a beautiful baby girl with tawny hair and light brown eyes. Her orange skin-tone was surprising to us because we are both brown but we are happy she is healthy and high spirited. As she grows older I have come to realize that the villagers dislike my lake dragon husband. Every night they stand around the lake with pitchforks.

Every night I had to cloak my daughter in a tree or under the murky water. My husband tries pleading with the village people to leave us alone. They attack him with the pitchforks and torches every time. He is wounded often and every scar he gathers from it becomes more obvious to me. One day the villagers attacks came to a tipping point and my daughter is now a pre-teen. As I try to shield her from the view of them attacking her father, she shifts into a purple dragon and swims around me.

She blows fire from her mouth at the villagers. I quickly swim to the edge of the lake and put myself between her and a village man. I put my palm up to her and look her in her eyes. "Sweetie, stop this... What if they kill you? You can get hurt." I say to her telepathically. Water brims my lower eyelids.

"Mama, you let these villagers attack father without helping him fight them off. My dad matters to me! Why would you choose to protect me instead of him?"

"My job as your mama is to protect you when you're underage. If I let you get attacked just to help your father in his personal battle with others, I would be a horrible mother. Especially if you got killed because of it. Do you think they won't kill his child, if they can't kill him? They would kill you without hesitation. Is that what you want?"

She maneuvers around me and digs her claw into the village man's throat behind me. My jaw drops as I witness my daughter take him down. She kills the man and pointedly narrows her eyes at me. "Mama, I don't need your protection. Dad did but you stood by and did nothing! What's the point of having powers if you don't use them, Mama? Isn't that deemed as weak as well?" She asks.

"No it's deemed as being mature and responsible for your power." I say. The rest of the tan villagers run away. Her father limps next to her and shifts back to his humanoid form. "Thank you daughter. I don't know what I'd do without my heir." He says to her and she shifts to her humanoid form and hugs him.

Another marriage down the drain and another disappointed child. Should I leave and give up on this family? This is getting too hard and I don't see how my presence can fix this. I forced myself to stay there as a onlooker. I felt uncomfortable. I felt like an outsider to my own family unit. The villagers avoided the lake. There were no more fishermen setting up their boats to hunt for fish. I wondered how the villagers were doing without the fish, but it was possible they used farming and other fishing spots to maintain their food supply.

On my daughter's eighteenth birthday, she ventures into the village in her humanoid form. I try to warn her against it but her father's approval superseded my advice. She came back with a flyer that had my first husband's image plastered on it. "Mama the villagers say this male is a powerful galactic warlord and he is seeking a wife." She says to me with her father hearing every word.

"That's my first husband. If you marry him, he will destroy you." I say to her and sit on the ground near the lake. "Dad! Mama is trying ruin my dreams again. We deserve someone stronger than us in our family to protect us. Who knows what other threats we'll face in the future? He'd be a perfect addition to our family." She says. Her dad nods his head.

"Our daughter is right. Your first husband will make a great addition to our family. You're married to me now and he'll have to just deal with that. You aren't going anywhere. Now as long as he knows I'm the lead male in this family unit he can be added as a strong son-in- law." He says. I shake my head and briskly walk away from them. I call the wardrobe to me and run inside of it. I find myself sobbing and crying on the floor.

I wipe my face and run to the portal door to my husband's home. I call out to my first husband between sobs. "Janxu!" I yell. Cynthia walks up to me and I move around her. I don't have time for her and whatever drama she brings. "Janxu!" I yell telepathically. My husband appears before me. "My daughter is signing up to see if she can become your wife in a bog side village. I need you to reject her." I say out loud and wipe my eyes.

"What?" Cynthia asks. "Why should I stop her? She shouldn't even exist. You're my wife." He says and focuses his reddening irises at me. "How many wives have you gotten since we've been married? You're still looking for more wives. You're not in the position to tell me to not get other husbands and start families with them. You're the one who insists we have an open marriage." I say.

"You're the only wife that can have children with me. I can't lose you. I will destroy every family you make outside of our union. I will destroy every male that dares challenge my title as your husband. If they want to replace me in your existence, they will have to defeat me."

"You don't treat me like you can't lose me. I told you that I don't want sister-wives but you're looking for more wives in far off villages on other worlds now?"

"Cynthia hasn't had any successful pregnancies in all the times we tried to conceive."

"We have four children!" I yell. I shake my head and storm off. I don't know why I thought my first husband would do something to fix this mess. Should I run away from it all? Should I start new somewhere else? I don't know what I should do anymore.