Chapter 14: Insecure

The children are gone with their father to training elsewhere in the universe. Cynthia has chosen to haunt my husband's massive abode. Sometimes I see her and sometimes I do not know where she is here. Thankfully, I'm giving birth to the newest addition to our family soon. After this I'll find a way to get back to the crescent island so I can fulfill my deal with Mother and Brother. I wander into my husband's library and his book is open on the desk. I guess Cynthia has been reading his book and keeping up with his training logs. I quickly look around and get really silent to hear if anyone is nearby. It remains silent for a while. I quickly peer around and see nobody. The book is left open on the most recent training log with the children.

I page through the past logs. My husband seems to constantly be in and out of battles with other worldly creatures and beings. He slices through scaly reptilianoid beings like they are butter. His hands digging holes in chests of every reptilian that approaches him and ripping their hearts out into a bloody gooey mess.

His eyes are glowing crimson and he is slicing arms off of humanoid creatures with his bright sword. His face is as still as stone and so serious. Red blood splatters on his face and he does not change the lack of expression on it. He stabs his neon blue pulsating sword into the ground and cracks shoot out and quake the land until large water geysers spurt out of the land.

I page through chapters before his new war with the reptilians and other cryptid humanoid creatures. In other pages he is involved in meetings with male beings that have a similar build and look as him. Further back pages he is in meetings with a mixed group of humanoid beings. I wonder if I can find a chapter or log about Mother in here.

I page through more past logs and I finally find the haunted ladies pointing at my husband on a beach coast. I wonder if this is the log my husband deleted from my book. "Where did he take my wife?" My husband asks them. They laugh in unison.

"Your wife seeks power. More power than she has now. She's struck a deal with Mother and Brother will make sure the deal is done." My husband closes his hands into fists. A rogue cool gust of wind blows past him and ruffles the ladies' dresses. He narrows his glowing red eyes at them and leans his head to one side.

"You made a deal with my wife?" His brows furrow.

"You locked Mother in the mirrors. Someone from your side of this war is the perfect tool to set her free." My husband releases a shaky breath charges at one of the ladies. They all vanish and reappear behind him. They wag their fingers.

"Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! You don't handle us like that." They laugh maniacally.

"Let my wife go. She has nothing to do with this. This war is between your Mother and my race. She was created by races that have been destroyed by my race long ago. She's the last weapon to fall from a battle that has been over."

"Mother was made to finish the job they couldn't which is taking your side down once and for all."

"Vengeance begets more vengeance. When will you give up?" They drop their hands to the side of their dresses.

"We won't stop until we destroy your side along with ours. A bitter end is fitting for a bitter war." They say and then vanish.

Mother was created by a long dead legion of races that got destroyed by husband and his race long ago? Wow! How old are these beings? 20 eons old? "What are you doing?" Cynthia asks from behind me.

"Reading. What does it look like I'm doing?" I say while partially looking over my shoulder. She tries to shove me away from the book and an electromagnetic field ricochets her to the other side of the library. She hits a bookshelf and slumps to the floor. The book immediately shuts and floats back to its rightful place high upon a bookshelf. I look down and see two glowing red eyes in my abdomen and then they fade away. I should probably hurry up and get out of here before she wakes up. I don't want her attacks to stress the baby out too much.

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

My husband finally is back home but the children are not with him. My vision gets blurry between shallow breaths as I sit on the plush huge sofa. He rushes past me to greet Cynthia. She wraps her arms and legs around him after jumping into his arms. Their embrace is silent but says so much. I clear my throat. " It's not like I'm here and pregnant." I say and roll my eyes. They deeply kiss each other and breathe in each others breaths. "Where are our children?" I ask. I hate being a third wheel when the public display of affection is this thick. It's just awkward. In my position, most ladies would have blown a fuse at their husband and or father of their children being affectionate with another lady. The difference is: I'm married to someone else as well and I don't care about anything other than my power upgrades. So have at it Cynthia this leaves me all the time and energy to focus on upgrading my power. I close my eyes and my breaths get heavier. "I've sent them away for missions and I've sent our daughter to her husband. Don't worry I arranged the marriage and I know her husband. She's in safe hands." My husband says. I open my eyes in shock.

Tall shadowy male figures appear around me like smoke stacks. They hold each others hands and one leans forward with his hands outstretched towards me. The shadow over him pulls back a bit to reveal my husband's face with some strands of his hair falling into his face. His brows furrow as a golden light appears from his shadowy hands. I feel as light as a cloud looks. No pain just numbness. I shut my eyes and when I open them again a sleeping baby lay on my chest. My husband rests his head on the other side of my lower abdomen. We are alone in the room lit by blue flames lining the walls. I rub his bright strands and he closes his eyes. Wow! He has cute eyelashes I wonder if the baby has them as well. I look to the baby. The same thick straight lashes are on the baby's eyelids. That's so cool!