Bonus Chapter 2: Battle Royale

My daughter leaves and joins the group of village ladies in town that are competing to be my first husband's new wife. My daughter comes back shortly afterwards and tells us my first husband called off the competition. He invited all of the ladies to a sandy arena in a secret desert place. I refused to accompany her to such a dangerous event. Her father goes and when he returns, he returns alone. "What happened to our daughter?" I ask.

"Your first husband's daughter fought the ladies. The battles were uneven and unfair but... His daughter killed our daughter. Once our daughter got a scratch on her skin, his daughter's eyes turned red. It's like she smelled something that told her kill our daughter. I buried her battered body. This is all your fault because you didn't want to come support her. I'm sure they would've taken it easy on her if you showed up."  He says. I wipe the water dripping from eyes off of my face and take a deep breath. My face turns warm. A good loving mother always knows... She always knows the danger facing her baby. I knew it. I knew something like this would happen.

"Really? Whatever. You have always believed in what you wanted to. It's pointless for me to try and change your mind." I say.

"If you think that I will let you get away with your lack of standing up for our family to your first husband, you have another thing coming. I will go to the reptilianoid high council and you will not be able to be part of the reptilianoid society anymore."

I shrug and open my wardrobe door and shut it quickly behind me.
÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

Another Incident

Somewhere on a desert planet. I decide to drown my sister-wife woes in glasses of liquor. By this point in my story my husband has destroyed two of my lovers and three of my husbands from different lifetimes. The amount of half siblings my older children have destroyed are too many to count, at this point. Of course, I choose to party at a desolate unpopular bar in the middle of nowhere on who knows what this planet is called. I have been choosing doors at random to portal through in the wardrobe.

A woman with dark blonde wavy hair pulled into a messy bun, enters the bar. I sway and dance on the empty dance floor with a few biker dudes sitting near the walls. They chuckle at my drunk dance moves. The lady walks up to me with an open bottle of beer in her hand. I shake my head and she lightly grabs my wrist. She sits me at a empty group table.

"What's going on? Why are you doing this to yourself?" She asks. I shrug. I do not owe strangers an explanation on my existence. She puts her beer on the table. Then she grabs my arm and yanks me up. She leads me to the restroom and splashes cold water on my face. "Look, I planned on coming into this bar and drowning my sorrows with a few bottles of beer. I feel bad for you because I feel bad for me. I married an abusive guy that keeps me on a short leash." She says. She flicks the tears away from her eyes with one hand and collects napkins with the other. She splits the amount in half and gives me half of the napkins. By this time, I have already wiped my face dry with the top of my dress.

"How does your husband abuse you?" I ask. "He tells me what to wear everyday. My schedule is always planned out for me everyday and if I don't do it right..." She looks up and rolls her eyes. Then she shrugs.

"Wow! I'm not going to assume the worst case scenario and this is really not any of my business. You can party with me to get over it." I shrug and stumble to the bathroom door. I go back to the dance floor and a group of men with slit irises enter the bar. Two of the men are very buff with dragon tattoos all over their arms. They go to the table with the lady that was bothering me earlier.

She scurries to me on the dance floor. She grabs my arm. "Darling! I want to introduce you to my friend. We just met and we've been close ever since then." She yells. I roll my eyes. We sit at the table. The lean tan man sitting at the center of the booth takes his sunglasses off. He looks down at us with hazel eyes and slit pupils. He rests his arm on the table. The fingers of his hands interlock with each other and he places his head on them. "Darling, did I tell you that you can make friends with random strangers? Why is she at our table? Why aren't we at home right now? That's what I put in our schedules but we aren't following the schedule, are we?" He asks.