Prologue

"Choose."

Ezra breathed heavily, the room around her was dark and damp, air heavy with humidity and she could practically smell the mould on the adjacent walls. Her hair clung to her forehead sweatily, she wiped her hands off multiple times on her jeans. She closed her eyes, mumbling under her breath as she refused to accept her reality for what it was.

"Choose." The voice repeated, she gasped as she felt the cold metal end of a gun touch the back of her head, forcing her to look ahead of her. And there they were, three dangerously obscure men who had so unfairly infiltrated her life and turned it upside. A sullen smile crept its way on to her face. She could hardly remember the peace and joys of life that was before their unrighteous intrusion. A tear slid down her face, closing her eyes again as she wished-no, she prayed to any deity that would listen, wanting to go back that day. That faithful day which marked the end of the simplicity, the indepence, freedom and peace of mind she had always taken advantage off. She opened her eyes, and yet, nothing had changed. She was still sitting in this damned chair, a gun pointed to her head as she was forced to choose between the three interlopers.

Noah was on her left, gagged and bounded as his gentle eyes stared back at her. She knew what they were saying, she knew what he wanted her to do, but she didn't want to do it. Why should she? She shouldn't have to make a choice like this, no human should. A choice and a position she wouldn't be in if it hadn't been for them and their selfishness. God, she hated them so fucking much. A sob escaped her lips at the thought.

Next to him sat Jude, also bound and gagged. However, his eyes told her nothing. She didn't know him, how he thought or what he wanted her to do. From the moment she had first met him, he had always been a source of confusion, always dancing between the line of friend or foe. Did she want to save him? Was he her best choice? Her eyes flittered back to Noah for a brief second, what made Jude more deserving than him? She felt like she was drowning, deluged in a flood of options,reasons and criteria that even the world's expert sailors couldn't navigate through. Why, why, why? She kept asking herself. Why her? What did she do that was so wrong and deserving of all of this? It was a question that had always remain unanswered.

Her eyes finally fell to the right, and there he was, the only person who could answer that question. The person who was the biggest source of her anguish. Mason Yong. A man so unfeeling, heartless in almost every form, almost. His eyes dark eyes glistened as he looked at her. For a second it felt like no one was in the room except for him and her. Her eyes traced the features of his face; features that haunted her, captivated her and instilled fear in her. He was an evildoer, something he took pride in. He was so callously wicked and yet, and yet...God she despised him. She hated him so much, so passionately that she loved him. She sniffled, turning her head away, she couldn't bear the sight of him. She felt the click of the gun being load, fingers seconds away from pulling the trigger, an end to her choice.

"Choose."

A/N: I'm super, super excited for this story. I'm giving dark romance another shot except this time, I'm hoping to have better and more mature characters and I also hope that my storytelling has improved. I hope you enjoy and the first five chapters will be out soon. Don't forget to vote, and comment your thoughts :)