Five

A Threat

"Ezra!" At the mention of her name she stopped in her stance, turning around to see one of the girls in her epidemiology class running towards her. "I'm glad you're back at school, Ezra." She said, breathless, when she finally reached her.

"Oh, thank you Claire. I'm glad to be back as well." She responded with a small smile, she noticed the way Claire's eyes lingered on the cast around her arm, curiosity present on her face. "Did you need me for something?"

"Oh yeah!" Claire smiled brightly before pointing towards the exit, "Your younger brother is waiting for you outside."

"Brother?" Ezra frowned, "I don't have a brother."

"Oh? He's this tall, lanky teenager, kind of long and obviously dyed blonde hair." Ezra's eyes glistened with recognition, her smile growing.

"I know who you're talking about now. Thanks Claire!" With that she run off towards the university's courtyard, spotting the man in question sitting on one of the many benches.

"Sonny? What are you doing here?" Ezra questioned with a smile as she ruffled the younger boy's hair.

"Wanted to walk home with you." He shrugged, clutching something tightly to his chest while bouncing happily in his stance. Ezra frowned slightly.

"What's got you happy like that? What are you holding?"

"The newest Call of Duty, one of your friends bought it for me just now while I was waiting for you." He let out excitedly, her frown deepened. The only people who knew Sonny and his relation to her weren't at campus today, so who?

"Sonny, who exactly are you talking about?" The teenager shrugged before suddenly grinning at something behind her.

"I got to go Ezra, a special somebody wants to talk to you." He wiggled his brows before grabbing his bags and running off.

"Sonny!" She yelled, ready to go after him when suddenly all too familiar voice spoke to her.

"Long time no see darling." She could feel goosebumps form along the lengths of her skin, she blinked several times and shook her head slighty. She kept her back to him, turning around would make it real. It didn't matter, she could hear his footsteps and soon enough his clean, sleek black shoes were in front of her. His hand reached out to her but she flinched back causing him to chuckle.

"W-what do you want?" She stammered, taking a step back. The man grinned, his long and curly black hair was slicked back in a bun and he was wearing loose slacks with a fitted black shirt. He sat down on the bench, gesturing for Ezra to do the same.

"Sit." Ezra looked around, feet inching backwards slightly. She needed to get out of here, he was obviously here to finish the job. "Sit Ezra." He repeated, grabbing a pack of cigarettes and a lighter from his pocket. She was still hesitant, feet moving further and further backwards. Why the fuck would she listen to him? The man sighed as he took a puff from a cigarette before turning to look at her. "That boy, Sonny? He's got such a pure heart. I'd hate to see something happen to him." Ezra's eyes widened before she let out an involuntary scoff.

"Is that a threat?" She seethed, suprising herself with her boldness.

"It can be whatever you interprete it as." He took another puff of his cigarette as he winked at her.

"Stay the fuck away from him, he's got nothing to do with me. He's a teenager, practically still a child. You fucking asshole!" She spat, breathing heavily with anger.

"Sit down Ezra." The man ordered, his voice stern and despite her fury, Ezra knew not to disobey. She sat on the edge of the bench as far away from his possible. He scoffed before grabbing her arm and pulling her closer. She let out a yelp, snatching her hand back and holding it close to her chest. He eyed the cast that was wrapped around her hand, "Let's be clear about one thing, I didn't do that. That is a direct result of your stupidity. Who the fuck jumps out of a moving car?"Ezra glared at him, the statement vexing her beyond belief.

"Who the fuck goes around kidnapping and attacking girls?" She hissed back, taking the liberty to shuffle away from him. "What the fuck do you want from me anyway?" He turned to face her, crossing his arms as he observed her with a condescending gaze.

"Yong." He said.

"What?"

"My name is Yong and you're Ezra. It'll be easier to converse from here on now that we know each other."

"H-how did you know my name?" He sighed, uncrossing his arms and leaning back slightly on the bench.

"You left your bag." He responded with a shrug. Her eyes widened; her phone, wallet, journal, everything. He had them. It explained how he was able to find her university, not to mention know to target Sonny.

"What do you want?" She repeated, holding the cloth of her shirt tightly as she tried to control her nerves. Yong cocked his head to the side, raising brow.

"You're not going to ask for your stuff back?"

"What the fuck does that matter now? You almost killed me! Lord knows what else you're capable of. I can buy that shit again, I can't buy my life." She had muttered the last part but he had heard nonetheless. With a smile he got up to his feet, hands in pockets as he began walking away. Ezra frowned, was he leaving? Just like that? After using Sonny to threaten her? What the fuck was wrong with him? She acted impulsively, her free hand reaching out to grab his arm.

"Wait!" Yong stopped, looking down at her hold on his arm before looking back at her. "Tell me what you want? I didn't even see anything but I won't talk about the fire if that's what this is all about.I swear I won't! Please, please just leave me alone, leave Sonny alone." She looked up at him with desperate tears in her eyes and Yong removed his arm from her hold after looking up at the sky and scoffing at her pathetic pleas.

"Darling, I didn't do anything." He began using one hand to wipe her tears away messily. "You're the one who ran away after seeing me, you're the one that wanted to fight me, you're the one who jumped out of a moving a car and you're the one insinuating that I want to hurt that kid. You did this to yourself." He said dismissively as he shook his head. Ezra sniffled and he sighed, bending down slightly to be eye-level with her. He used his fingers to lift up her chin, the two looking into each other's eyes intently. His were dark with mischief and doom while her eyes glistened with despair. "What do I want?" A wicked smile appeared on his face as he looked her up and down, moving his head further down so that his lips were next to her ears. "You." He whispered, raising the hairs on her back. He kissed her cheek, his surprisingly soft lips grazing the surface of her skin. He got back up, hands in his pockets as he finally walked away.

"We'll meet again soon Ezra." He said without looking back, a cheerful tune escaping his lips after.

A/N: anyone reading this lol? Well, if you are let me know what you think of the story so far and don't forget to vote and comment !