Eleven

Escapism 

"Tell me again, step by step what happened?"

Jude groaned and rolled his eyes before answering. "I've told you this a thousand times already. She was trying to escape and then sh-"

"She was trying to escape?" Yong repeated, hands clenched slightly.

"Yes!" Jude replied, exasperated. Ezra stirred in the bed and their conversation was put on hold as they both turned to look at her.

Yong's eyes lingered on her, expression dark, making it difficult for anyone to know what he was he thinking. Jude just looked away, uninterested.

"Is she going to be okay?" He asked, scrolling through his phone and not actually caring about the answer.

"I don't know," Yong replied, his voice low. "But we can't risk taking her to a hospital. We'll have to take care of her ourselves."

Jude looked up from his phone with a frown, "You mean you'll have to take care of her yourself."

A soft groan was heard from the bed and both's men snapped in that direction again, silent as they observed her.

Her head throbbed, a dull stabbing pain that seemed never ending. She blinked several times, trying to adjust the light before getting up slightly, her body screaming to stay in bed.

"Ian? Theo? " She mumbled instinctively, "The migraines are coming back again."

"Oh so this isn't something new?" She frowned, that voice didn't belong to Ian neither did it belong to Theo. She looked up and was once again faced with the harsh reality of her predicament. She wasn't at home. Yong stared back at her with crossed arms and a stoic face, leaning against the bed post in a manner that showed he could care less about her well-being. To his right was a foreign face, he was sitting on the desk with his legs balanced on the desk chair as he stared back at her with a look that showed he wished he could be anywhere but here at that moment.

"Again? This is a normal thing?" Ezra's attention returned to Yong. She didn't say anything, lying back on the soft bed, grateful for the dimly lit room as her head still throbbed painfully.

"You shouldn't have tried to escape," Yong's voice cut through the silence, startling Ezra. She turned to see him now sitting next to her on the bed, arms still crossed over his chest.

Ezra glared at him, her eyes still adjusting to the light. "I don't want to be here," she spat, her voice rough from disuse.

"I'm afraid you don't have much of a choice," Yong replied coldly. "Good thing Jude caught you before one of the guards had to shoot you."

"Don't mention my name, Yong, this is your mess to deal with." Jude said matter of factly before getting up and leaving the room, not sparing Ezra a second glance. Rude son of a bitch, then again, they all were.

"Wow, I'm so grateful." Ezra spat, surprised she still had it within her to be sarcastic.

"What do you do to deal with this normally? Last thing I need is you running around fainting around the place all because of a mere headache."

"You really are an asshole you know that?" Ezra couldn't help but say, simply unable to fathom how someone could be so cold and unmoving when he was the direct cause of her suffering. Yong rolled his eyes before speaking.

"Stop being a fucking child and tell me what you need. I have things to do, darling." Darling, there he goes again with that bullshit.

"What I need?" Ezra questioned, "There's nothing you can get me. What I need is my home, my family and friends. That's what I need."