Thirteen

Bondage

Ezra stirred her bowl of cereal pitifully, it was almost two weeks. Two weeks since she had been thrust into this mess and taken from everything she had known. To be honest, she could hardly even recall what exactly she had even witnessed that night that led to all of this, which is what made all of this so much worse. She had thrown herself into studying, yes, it was odd, but it was the only sense of normality she still had and could control. Besides, it motivated her and gave her hope that she would eventually leave this place. Hope that once she was finally free, she'd be able to integrate and continue with life as if all of this had never happened. She glanced at the date on the panel of the fridge, today was the day. She and Noah had been planning this day out for the last few weeks and it would finally be put to action. She had found an unexpected alliance with Noah and although she knew he wasn't to be trusted, a direct friend of Yong, she felt like she had no other options. She quite literally didn't. It was either take this risk and potentially get caught, or sit her and allow Yong to command her until she reached an expiration date.

She walked from the kitchen towards her prison, sorry bedroom, deep in thought. She hadn't seen much of Yong which she thanked God for, it allowed her to feel at ease as she mentally prepared herself for her impending escape. She was still pretty much strangers with the other boys and Jian still couldn't wait to put a bullet through her head.

She let out a yelp when a hand suddenly grabbed her arm roughly and pulled her into the hallway closet. Darkness surrounded them and Ezra let out a small frightful whimper as a large hand clamped her mouth shut. Her eyes looked around wildly, hands instinctively reaching out to pry her mouth free when she began to recognize the features of Noah's face and she felt herself calm down.

"It's me." He whispered, slowly removing his hand from her face. "We're going to leave soon. You remember everything I showed you?" Ezra nodded, a few days prior she had gone on a walk with Noah as her 'guard'. He had shown her the exact paths to take through the back of the house and the gate that would be open for her to escape through. "Good." Noah breathed, scanning her face with what Ezra could only recognize as concern. He reminded her of Nathan, the resemblance too uncanny to be ignored.

"Noah, have you got a brother by any chance?" He paused, staring back at her with furrowed brows.

"Why do you ask?"

"It's just you look so much like so-" They fell silent at the sound of others walking past the storage closet.

"Sorry." He apologised, unfortunately not able to answer her question. "I have to go. When I call Jian and all things go well, you should be able to leave as soon as possible ok?" Ezra nodded, heart pounding as she realised how real things were getting. She was finally getting out. Noah suddenly put his hands on her face, using her thumbs to caress the side of her head caringly. Ezra instinctively grabbed hold of his wrists, ready to push him away from her.

"Ezra, please stay safe. In the nicest way possible, I truly hope to never see you again." He sent her a soft smile before walking out of the closet. Ezra sighed; a sigh of relief or gratitude, she wasn't sure, however, she knew she was taking a huge gamble by trusting Noah. She didn't see any other option; betrayal or no betrayal, she'd still be stuck in this hellhole.She waited a couple seconds before walking out as well, turning the corner back into the kitchen only to run into Jude. She stumbled back in shock before quickly recovering, attempting to walk past him but he stepped in her path.

"Yong wants you in the living room." He said, seemingly disinterested in her or her actions but there was a glimmer of suspicion in his eyes. She hesitated, pointing backwards towards her room before speaking.