Three

The Abduction

Darkness, Ezra found herself surrounded by complete darkness. Her breathing was heavy, but she fought desperately to prevent herself from hyperventilating. She didn't have her inhaler and she wasn't sure if there was a steady flow of oxygen. From the movement she had already gathered that she was in the trunk of a car. She couldn't see much, no she couldn't see anything at all. She felt around slowly her hands touching different surfaces and objects when she suddenly felt the cold rush of flowing wind on her fingers. She gasped, turning her body towards where she had felt it and sure enough, in the chaos of everything the man had failed to close the trunk properly. With enough strength she could kick it open, however she knew she would only have one shot to do it right. The force of her kicking would definitely make enough noise to alert her abductor, she had to be efficient. She took a deep breath, leaning back slightly in the darkness as she rested her legs against the trunk before bringing them towards her body before closing her eyes and using every ounce of strength within her to forcefully kick against the trunk door.

The trunk opened suddenly, causing her to lose her balance and fall forward, her head dangerously close to the edge of the open boot, the sudden flow of harsh wind almost knocking the air out of her. Ezra's breath quickened, the car was still moving quickly but she knew she had to jump, now. In a matter of seconds the man would know that she had opened the trunk, stop the car and do God know's what. She had to do it, she had to jump. It was going to hurt like a motherfucker but at least pain meant she was alive to feel it. She could feel the car slow down and she knew it was now or never. Without giving it a second thought, she jumped.

The pain was excruciating.

The gravel of the road ripped her skin, exposing the flesh on her knees, arms and the palms of her hands. She had attempted to break her fall with her hands, which; as a medical student she should've known was stupid. The joint of her wrist throbbed painfully, she hadn't heard a crack and so was positive it wasn't broken but she prayed it was just a sprain and not a fracture. She looked back and saw the car had come to a stop a distance away, enough time to escape. Using the last of her strength she weakly got up, the sky was pitch black and using this as an advantage, Ezra ran off towards the side of the road, away from the streetlights, making it difficult for the man to see her. Her body was on fire, the wounds on her skin inflammed, her joints begging for relief but she ran as if her life depended on it. Because it did.

Yong stepped out of the car, an arm on the roof of the vehicle as he looked in the direction Ezra had run off into. His lip curved up slightly, into what almost resembled a grin.

"We'll meet again, Ezra."

***

Ezra trudged alongside the road, skin on fire and her right wrist more than definitely fractured. She realised shortly after escaping that she had lost her phone and bag, there was no way to call for help. Not for miles. She couldn't go further, she knew her legs were going to give out soon btu she refused to collapse here, where that man could easily find her again. She pushed, kept walking and walking, scanning the area for any signs of life. However there was nothing. This was truly the middle of nowhere. Her knees buckled and she fell to the floor, a painful shriek escaping her lips as her wounded knee touched the rough pavement. A tear slid down her cheek, followed by another and another as she finally let out all the emotions, the pain and fear, she had kept at bay all this time.

"Please someone help." She sobbed, this being the first time she uttered these words since the whole ordeal began. The bright light of a car shone in her direction and she slumped further to the ground, he had found her already and she no longer had it within her to run. The car stopped not too far from her and the door to the driver's seat opened. She didn't look up, he had wanted her to beg for her life? Fine, the asshole would get it. "Please," She let out, voice weakened and pained. "Please don't kill me. I didn't see enough to know anything, I swear I wasn't calling the police either. Please, I'm begging you." She could see footsteps approach her and she closed her eyes, bracing herself for the worst.

"Are you alright? Who did this to you?" Wait a second, this isn't the man from earlier. Ezra opened her eyes and was met by set of dark eyes, unlike the one of the man from earlier, these were intense but she could see a flicker of genuine concern in them. He scanned her face and body frowning at her injuries. "What the hell happened to you?" He asked, looking around for some sort of a hint as to why there was an injured girl in the middle of the road.

"Can you please drive me back to the city?" Ezra asked faintly, perhaps she was stupid to trust a stranger after what had just happened to her but she felt like she had no choice.

"The city?" The stranger frowned, "I'm bringing you to a hospital." He insisted, grabbing her arm gently and helping her up. She shook her head weakly, taking a step away from him.

"No please. Please, just bring me back to the city." She begged and the stranger sighed, giving in.

"Fine, it's none of my business anyway. But, give me a real address, I'm not just dropping you off at some street." He pressed further as he helped her towards his car and the passenger seat. Ezra relented, just wanting to be brought to safety. She didn't give him her home address, instead giving Ian's address, knowing that worst case scenario, five men lived there so it was the safest place to be. The drive was silent, the stranger sending her glances once in while which Ezra couldn't decipher were from a place of curiosity or worry. About a half an hour later he had arrived at Ian's place and at this point she was fighting to keep her eyes open, the man opened the door and helped her out of the car. Ezra briefly caught sight of the sleeve of tattoos on his arm, well she supposed it could be a way remembering her saviour if they met her again.

"Thank you." She whispered, eyes weary and the man cocked up an eyebrow.

"It's nothing." He answered, he stared at her for a second before shaking his head,muttering something under his breath as he got into his car and left. Ezra immediately turned towards the door, ringing the doorbell desparetly. Her knees finally gave out and she felt herself lose consciousness once the door opened and she knew she was safe. 

A/N: another chapter!! I hope you're enjoying the story so far and please don't forget to vote and comment;)