Fifteen

Betrayal

Yong stormed his way through the house and at the sound of his voice the boys scrambled up from their seat in the living room and raced towards the corridor; standing side by side, practically in a line as they kept their heads lowered unable to look Yong in the eye. All except Sebastian who stood towards the end with crossed arms. He sighed before approaching him, placing an assuring hand on Yong's shoulder in attempt to calm him down.

"Yong-" Yong raised his shoulder and threw Sebastian's hand aside.

"Where is Noah?" He seethed angrily, teeth gritted together as he breathed in and out deeply with his hands clenched into fists, muscles bulging as a result. Tatum and Hendrix shared worried glances while Jian and Jude had similar faces of disappointment. Disappointment that one of their own could betray another because of a girl. Jian was also angered at the thought of being double crossed by Noah and Ezra, who he had led himself to believe manipulated Noah into helping her while Jude  also had a look of concern, worried about how Noah's betrayal would affect his friend.

"Yong, take a moment to breath a second. Don't make any rash reasons." Sebastian tried to reason, the only person who seemed to be calm and collected, his seniority more than evident.

"Y-yeah, think first Yong." Hendrix spoke up as well, and Yong's head snapped towards him. Jude remained silent, never one to get involved. His eyes explored Yong's face, his reactions and then his stance, the way he was holding on to his shirt, as if he were trying to keep the cloth away from touching his skin. A frown formed on his face. He was hurt.

"Find Noah and bring him here immediately." He barked orders to one of the external men, who bowed in obedience before walking out the room.

"Jude" The others exclaimed in surprise but he ignored them. He and Yong shared glances, communicating without words.

"Go talk to her." He said and Yong spared him and the others one more glance before walking away. Jude seemingly the only one to notice the way he winced as he walked.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? You know what he'll do once he sees Noah!" Sebastian scolded sternly, grabbing his arm, drawing his attention away from Yong's retreating figure.

"Noah didn't give a shit about us when he made his decision, why should I consider him now?" Jude responded apathetically before pulling his arm back and walking away. Sebastian looked at him in shock before turning to the others.

"Don't look at us like that, you know he's right. Noah is a bastard for what he did." Jian spat, leaving the room as well. Sebastian sighed, shoulders slumping in defeat. Fuck.

Yong entered Ezra's room with slow, cautious steps, his eyes scanning every inch of the space before finally resting on the bed where Ezra lay. She was sound asleep, her breathing slow and steady, and for a moment, he stood there, just watching her. The sight of her, vulnerable and injured, brought about a strange mixture emotions; anger, bitterness, perhaps a bit of guilt, and something he couldn't comprehend or put his finger on.

He moved closer to the bed and took a seat on the chair beside it. Rubbing his tired face with his hands, why couldn't she just stay put? Why couldn't she just listen to his orders? She was hurting hersely by choosing to be defiant, especially when he was doing all of this to keep her alive. He looked back at her bruised face, the doctor had left only moments before, and Yong couldn't help but wonder how badly hurt she really was. He reached over, wincing as his shirt rubbed over his wounds, and brushed a strand of hair away from her face, revealing a large gash on the side of her head which had been neatly stitched up. He cursed under his breath, his mind replaying the events that led up to this moment. She had quite literally been hit by a car and still kept running, that desperate to get away from him. He laughed, perhaps he should let her go, let her live her life. And if Julian finds out that she's the witness he was supposed to have killed but didn't, then so be it. After all she seemed to be determined to die either way. He looked at her again; seeing her like this, so fragile and defenseless, stirred something deep inside him. He wasn't sure what it was, perhaps it was just his natural instinct to protect what he deemed to be his, or maybe it was something more than that. He didn't know and too be honest, he didn't want to know nor did he care to find out.