Twelve

Ambiguity

Yong's steps were large and powerful, the sound of his footsteps echoed through the silent corridor causing the other men in the building, with heads buried in their work, or standing upright with guns strapped to their bodies, to pause briefly and acknowledge his presence with a nod or a slight bow.

His gaze was fixed straight ahead, paying them no heed, expression unreadable as he made his way towards his boss's door. His movements were smooth and power exuded from his body, however he was going to meet his match. The only person who could make the almighty Mason Yong crumble.

The air around him was filled with the weight of his reputation and curiosity as to why he was here at the headquarters, the tension almost palpable. He was a man no one liked to engage with unless necessary, one wrong move was enough for him to ensure you wouldn't see tomorrow.

As he reached the door to Julian's office, Yong paused for a moment, taking a deep breath and prepared himself for what was to come. He knew that he was about to enter a dangerous game of power and manipulation, but he couldn't afford to waver or back down.

With a silent sense of resolve, he pushed open the door and stepped inside, he bowed, head hung low and facing the floor. He heard the sound of high heels echoing through the room as she walked towards him, a powerful click with each confident step.It's sharp sounds were like those machines used to keep time in music, each click matching her purposeful stride.

"Yong," Julian purred, her voice low and sultry. "You're finally here."

He lifted his head, standing up straight again, his face betraying no emotion as he stared back at her. She was beautiful, astonishingly so,with long dark hair that hung perfectly past her shoulders, looks that seemingly defied every beauty standard and a body that had men bending over backwards. But that wasn't what gave her her power. It came from the inner workings of her complex mind; she was cunning, evil, diabolical and she was also territorial. She viewed the world as her plaything, there's nothing she couldn't have, especially not Yong.

She smiled at him. He laughed to himself quietly; her eyes, they revealed too much. The malice that lived within her, eager to destroy everything that wasn't hers. She had a sinister quality, one that should make you instinctively want to avoid her, however the danger and wickedness that was her shadow was covered by her bewitching and consuming exterior.

Julian, one of the most feared crime lords in the city and was known for her guile and glamour, but Yong refused to let her intimidate him.

He raised an eyebrow. "What do you want?" he asked, his tone flat and apathetic.

Julian leaned forward, a sly smile playing at the corners of her lips. "I just wanted to know if you've taken care of our little problem," She said, her eyes locked onto his. Her bottom lip between her teeth as she walked closer to him, staring his body up and down.

Yong paused for a moment, carefully considering his words. "It's done," he finally said, his voice calm and measured.

Her eyes widened with surprise. "Really?" she asked, her voice filled with excitement.

He nodded, his expression still unreadable. "Yes. I took care of it. Just like you wanted."

"Ugh Yong!" She exclaimed wrapping her arms around his body. He carefully pushed her back slightly. She crossed arms and nodded towards the chair, telling him to sit, a small smile playing at the corners of her lips. "Good," she said. "I knew I could count on you. My most loyal soldier. "

Yong sat and she walked over to him, her eyes sparkling with a mix of amusement and desire. "You know," she said, her voice low and sultry. "You're a very interesting man, Mason Yong." He didn't respond, but he could feel his heart rate quicken as Julian moved closer to him. She sat on his lap, straddling him as her lips moved towards his neck. He knew that he was playing a perilous game, but he couldn't deny the physical attraction he felt for her. She was a gorgeous women albeit dangerous and he was only a man after all.