Chapter 2 [Catchy Feelings]

Seek POV:

As the ambient surrounding me slowly started changing, and the darkness I was in slowly started fading, I realised I was waking up. When I fully opened my eye, a shock hit me. I immediately lifted myself up from the bed using my elbows and I screamed.

"THIS IS NOT HEAVEN???"

"Huh-" 

I turned my head to the right just to see Figure sitting on a bed, checking around as if he just woke up. I didn't know what to feel. I was both happy and sad; I was happy because I knew I was alive and that I still had Figure. And I was sad because me being alive meant I was still going to have to go through numerous stages of pain. 

I couldn't open my mouth to say a thing because I was confused, how did I get here? Did Figure take me here? Was that mysterious person Figure?

"Seek...?" Figure said with a hesitated voice as he tilted his head a bit with confusion. He then stood up suddenly and rushed to the bed I was sitting at, as if something hit him just now.

"Hey-" He suddenly pulled me into a tight hug. I felt my heartbeat getting faster. Even though my injuries were hurting a lot, embracing with him was worth it. He started caressing my back gently.

"I'm so grateful you're alive..."

I couldn't make a proper sentence. I just decided to keep quiet and snuggled up to him even more. I was getting really comfy, but he suddenly pulled away which made me think I did something wrong.

"Tell me." He said.

I raised my eyebrow and tilted my head to left. "What?"

He crouched down and held both my hands with his. "Tell me why you keep doing this to yourself."

"I..." It just hit me. Yes, I had no reason to hurt myself at all. I guess I was just... tired of living. So I just decided to act like I didn't know what he was talking about to escape his questions. "I don't know what you're on about."

Figure scowled. "Yes, you definitely know what I'm on about. I'm tired of this. You just keep hurting yourself and trying to commit suicide. But you never tell me the reason why." His words were making me feel guilt and feel scared. As if he realised that, he held my hands tighter and lowered his voice, now talking with a more soft tone. "I just want to know why. I want to help you leave these days behind, in the past."

"...I don't even know myself. I always keep doing these things to myself. But I never understand why. I don't have a peculiar reason to hurt myself, or try to end my life. I feel like..." I stopped for a moment to find the right sentence. "I feel like something is forcing me to. As if something is..."

I couldn't find the right word. Figure scowled and continued my sentence. "...controlling you."

"Exactly."

We both remained silent for a moment. My heart was still beating fast. I don't know if it's because of him holding my hands or me panicking. 

Figure broke the silence. "But this is so weird... isn't it?"

I realised I talked too much. So I chuckled nervously to save the situation. "Hahaha, maybe it's just because I'm tired of life. No big deal."

"...That is a bad thing too." Figure stood up and put his hands over my shoulders. "Look, Seek. I care about you more than you think I do. I-" He stopped and lowered his head. "I said too much didn't I."

I stood up and hugged him. "No you didn't. Well, I think we should go get some food or something from the cafeteria. To clear our minds, you know."

Figure backed away and talked in a worried tone. "But you're heavily injured-"

"It's fine." I cut his sentence. "I'm literally made of ink, so I don't think it'll be too bad of a problem. I'll probably recover on the way." 

Even though Figure looked like he wasn't too sure about this, he didn't insist and nodded. "Please, let me just inform Guiding Light then."

"No," I said. "I will go tell her myself. She needs to see that I'm totally fine herself. Or she won't let us leave." Figure shrugged.

"Whatever you say then."

I smiled and went to look for Guiding Light as Figure followed me behind. To my luck, Guiding Light was in the skeleton keyed room, doing some weird things on that plant that she called what... Herb of Viridis? 

"Hey Guiding Light." I said. Figure got in front of me.

"Why wouldn't you look to see if Seek was okay after he woke up?"

Guiding Light sighed and turned around as she crossed her arms, it really seemed like she was annoyed by Figure. Did something happen between them?

"Because I heard that you guys were talking. So I didn't want to bother. Is that a good answer to your question, Figure?"

Figure lowered his shoulders and growled. I went in front of him again and started talking happily to make Guiding Light fully believe I was fine. "Hey again, uh... You see, I'm totally fine!" I spread my arms. "So I was saying... Would you let me and Figure go eat something at the cafeteria? I will recover soon, I believe."

Guiding Light moved her eyes up and down on me. "You can go. I think you're already used to this kind of things, am I wrong, Seek?"

What was she saying now? 

I was about to ask what she meant by that but Figure held my right hand from behind and squeezed it, probably signaling us to go already.

"Ah, um..." I looked away. "Well, we should go now."

I quickly turned around and dragged Figure out of the infirmary. I waited for him to say something, but it looked like he also was waiting for me to say something. I sighed.

"I, well..." I held his hand which probably made him confused, as he made an "uh" sound under his breath. "I will hold your hand to guide you to the cafeteria, so that you don't get hurt or anything. I- Is that fine with you, Figure?"

Figure waited for some seconds. And then put his free hand on the back of his neck. "Ohh, haha. Well, yeah it's totally fine."

I smiled and felt my heartbeat get fast again. Yes, I didn't want him to get hurt by bumping somewhere, but I also took this as an advantage to hold his hand. 

"Well, let's go, shall we?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

wow thats a lot of fluff i made bro

Word Count: 1090