Chapter 25 [A Weird Day]

Seek POV:

I haven't slept, and I won't. That nightmare was something I couldn't handle. Me in a cage... All the people I address as "friends" standing in front of it. How should I react to this?

"Oi oi, why are you still awake?"

I jumped in my bed with the sudden voice. The voice was hoarse.

"W-WHO ARE YOU!?" I jumped off my bed, looking around the room in a worry.

"Can't recognise your friend's voice?" Some shadow-like thingy noclipped through the wall in front of me and started hanging in the air. No, not shadow-like thingy. That was fucking Shadow himself. "Sheesh, and I thought we were friends, Seekie."

"SEEKIE?!"

"SSHH! Don't yell, it's 3 in the morning."

I crossed my arms. "And tell me why shouldn't I? People need some privacy, y'know." It was silent. "Also, if you can literally be untouchable, why are you disabling your ability when we're beating the shit out of you?"

Shadow landed on the ground and shrugged. "Maybe I just like pain."

"Or you like the pain I give you, hm?" I rubbed my chin.

"Hahha, so funny, Seek."

"Why are you here?"

"Why the repulsive tone now?"

"Of course I am repulsive this late in the middle of the night when you just broke into my room, what do you expect? For me to choke you with hugs? You want to beat the shit out of me, you came here for that?" I opened my arms widely. "Do it, then get out."

"Actually, I came here to talk." Shadow walked over to me and sat on my bed. Acting like it's his room, how comfortable, man.

"What." I sat next to him with one knee crossed over my other leg. "What's it about?"

Shadow loudly sighed and put his hand on the back of his neck. "You know... I want to apologise for everything I did."

I burst into laughter. 

"Why the fuck are you laughing?"

"I'm sorry, what? How can I trust you? This is just too funny, you suddenly come in the middle of the night and apologise after ruining my life and breaking my bones into pieces."

"You don't have bones."

"Very, funny, pal."

"I'm serious."

"About me having no bones?"

"No, idiot. About apologising."

"Oh."

A disturbing silent filled the room. Sometimes silence is the most loud sound ever.

"So..." Shadow turned his head towards me. "Do you accept my apologies?"

"Hmm... I'll have to think." I smirked.

Shadow facepalmed. "I'm sorry for everything I did. I'm sorry for trying to tear you guys apart, you know, you and Figure. I was just worried about you. I really felt pity when I saw you that wrecked up. And when you got on well with Figure again, I didn't want you to experience the same things. And I..." He stopped and took a breath in. "The rest I will confess are a bit... Can you keep this a secret?"

I nodded. "You can count on me."

"I used to like you." HE USED- HE USED TO LIKE ME? HOW THE FUCK-

"YOU?-"

"I convinced Window and messed up the library because I was jealous. I bullied you, because that was my way of getting closer to you. But don't worry, I moved on now."