Chapter 20 [Minus One Trouble]

Seek POV:

"Why are the flies called flies, but cats aren't called meows?"

"Seek oh my god..."

"If you cut a fly's wings, is it now a walk?"

"SEEK."

"Why are there 60 minutes in one hour but 24 hours in one day?"

"DARLING-"

"If you jump off a building and get shot on the way to the ground and die, is it still suicide?"

"MOTHERF-"

I tripped on my own foot and almost met with the floor when two shaky hands were placed on my shoulders, holding onto them desperately. I got used to the ambience change fast and helped Figure stand up straight, trying hardly to hold him still in one place. I sighed quietly, with Figure murmuring a swear word under his relieved breath.

"Guiding Light, please somehow inform us or give some warnings before you teleport us." I stated. "We can get hurt when the ground under us changes, if we aren't expecting it." Guiding Light, to my suggestion, nodded recklessly and averted her eyes to the others behind me and Figure.

"I'll be careful from now on." She clapped her hands softly and put on an annoyed smile, instead of the cheering one she always used. "You guys must be really tired now, aren't you?" Everybody nodded to her question in response, some of them entities straight up falling asleep on the other's shoulder - basically passing out. "Well, too bad so sad. There's a new human on the loose, you guys should go, get ready at your places."

Jack groaned loudly and thumped his foot on the ground like a little child who didn't get the candy they wanted. "Oh, come on man! Now?"

"Yes, now." Guiding Light raised her hands and pursed her lip, forming an uncaring posture. "It's not my problem, you all shouldn't have ran around the mall, wasting all of your remaining energy."

I lowered my upper eyelid, thinking since when was she this cocky? I shook the dumb thought off my mind, then raised my right hand as one possibility -which wasn't really possible actually- brightened up my mind like a little lightbulb. "Can I get the human's name, if possible?" I asked. Guiding Light nodded and averted her eyes for some seconds.

"It's Scarlett, I suppose."

My heartbeats increased, hearing the name and learning that the said impossible possibility was actually possible. I immediately raised my head to look up to Figure. Though he wasn't looking back at me, he seemed just as confused as I was too. I turned my attention back to the glowing entity, stuttering unintentionally as I wanted to make sure that this human was the human I expected. "Can I also get some information about their appearance, if I'm not asking much?"

"You can, but why?"

"I'll explain." I cut it off shortly, looking forward to the moment where I was going to be able to rip that bitch's limbs into pieces and steal her soul out of her plastic body. 

Guiding Light shrugged. As her circle eyes turned into something similar to Halt's, I felt uneasy and backed away some steps. When a close-up photograph of Scarlett's face appeared in my mind, I almost lost balance and fell on my back. I shouted in horror towards the girl's face, which was something I never thought I'd do, punched my own forehead.

"GOD DAMN IT GUIDING LIGHT!"

"What a scaredy cat you are," Guiding Light mocked me as she took the picture off my sight. "I didn't think you'd react this much." Annoyed, I rolled my eye and was met with a worried Figure. He tilted his head slightly. I shouldered him softly to tell him everything was fine.