Chapter 18 [Chase]

Seek POV:

After almost breaking Scarlett's wrist, me and Figure started searching for the others. But we couldn't find no one. We had to focus, maybe we saw them a thousand time but we didn't recognise them.

I made sure that I called Figure "Fiam" on purpose so nobody would find his name interesting and begin listening to us. Fiam sure was also an interesting name, but at least people wouldn't find it as weird as "Figure". We have been walking down the halls, jumping down some steps of the escalators, sometimes stopping at various places to catch our breath, and nothing special.

I sighed and pouted, tired. "Fiam, we should start focusing, we still haven't found anybody and it's already been 30 minutes." Figure didn't seem interested in the things I said, as he kept walking aimlessly and gazed at the different kind of stores. He inhaled softly and nodded.

"Yeah yeah, Sebastian." Turning to me, he stared down at me for some seconds then something suddenly caught his attention which made him avert his eyes away from mines in excitement. "We have been- OH, LOOK AT THAT!" 

"What?-" Unexpectedly, he held my arm and started running, dragging me away and along with him. I managed to fix my trembled legs and started trying my best to catch up to his fast steps, it didn't work though. I groaned with the slight pain I felt in my shoes and hissed. "Where are we going?"

"I saw a clothes shop, it seemed very cool!" Figure exclaimed and began running even faster than he did before. I sighed loudly and rolled my eyes.

"Oh, what a tormenting you're doing is..."

After some more running he abruptly stopped which made me stumble on his feet and almost trip, luckily he caught me from behind and helped me fix my posture. I realized that he was still wearing the same sweater when I saw his sleeve in the corner of my eye, the one he had wore when he got into that bloody fight with Shadow. I pressed the top and the bottom of my lip in nervousness when it hit me that Shadow and Window refused to come with us. Figure crouched a bit to my height and questioned.

"What's the matter?"

I shook my head slightly and raised the sides of my lips, forcing a smile. "Nothing." I said, then unintentionally lowered my head as the words I'd hate to stick into Figure's mind dropped out of my mouth. "I'm just worried about something; What if Shadow and Window mess something up in The Hotel while we're here?"

"Ah..." Figure looked at the ceiling as if there was a thinking bubble on his head, which I found quite funny to imagine. "You're right, they might. But I'm sure it's nothing big to worry about, they're not as bad anymore... according to you. I think the worst thing they could do is get in a fight with each other and make the other see the God." 

We both burst into laughter as we thought about the scenario. Totally forgetting about what our purpose was, we begin talking shit about the two, which entertained us quite a lot. 

"I'd honestly say Window would cling onto Shadow's pants, begging him to stop while crying." Figure laughed, which made me laugh more with his reaction. "Then- Oh wait, look at this!" He suddenly stood from where we sat, and ran away. I sighed, then followed him and stood behind him as he seemed busy with examining some kind of black clothes. He picked up the clothing he had been looking at and showed them off to me. "Aren't these cool? I bet they'd fit you well." He winked, I lowered my eyes and examined the clothing.

It looked like this: