Chapter 27 [Sanity]

Screech POV:

"I have only one card left..." Halt mumbled.

Timothy, who was looking away, turned around on Halt's shoulder and faced the bunch of UNO cards on the ground. He then gave a look at the one red card Halt was holding.

"This might be it..." Timothy talked to himself, or maybe he talked to Halt, I don't know.

"NOT SO FAST BUCKAROO."

Rush slammed his red +2 card on the pile of other cards.

"You little-" Halt sighed and picked up two cards. Taking a look at them, he chose the wild card and put it gently on the pile while smirking.

"I choose green."

I was next to play. I quickly looked at the yellow card I was holding.

"Not this time too, Figure." I shook my head and picked up a card. And damn it was a green reverse. I tried to look at Halt's cards, but failed of course.

"Alright." I mumbled and put the card, and bro my hand was fucking shaking...

I accidently saw the card Eyes was holding. It was a green, casual card. He was going to win if it wasn't for my reverse. This is my revenge, even though it's in a game.

"Uhh..." Halt's eyes moved beetween the two cards he was holding. He placed a yellow reverse.

My eye widened in shock, realising I had a yellow card from the start.

"Thank you Halt!" I slammed the yellow card on the pile. Everybody realising I have no cards left, I held Figure's hand and lifted it up.

"WE WON FIGURE!"

Figure made happy noises. "High-five!" He withdrew his hand and kept it up for me to hit it.

"WEEHEE!" I hit his hand.

Ambush sighed and looked away. "Good game."

"Yeah, good game, Screech." Eyes said in an annoyed tone. "Meet me later today."

"Oh, uhh... Okay."

The courtyard was filled with the various entities fighting sounds. I was just happily talking with Figure until we all jumped with the sudden sound, the sound of the metal door being pushed open, and Seek's slow, heavy footsteps.

We all, well except Figure, were watching Seek who was passing by us.

"Is he okay?" Ambush whispered.

"I wouldn't say so, he looks so wrecked up."

"QUIT THE FUCK TALKING ABOUT ME." Seek shouted as he suddenly turned around to face us. Everybody including me just remained silent. Seek stared at each of us disturbingly, then turned around and kept walking. He walked far enough to be unable to hear us and sat on the grass. After we all made sure he wasn't able to hear us, Jack started talking.

"What's up with him? I haven't been talking to him these few days so I have no clue."

Even though I knew a few things, I decided to keep my mouth shut because I knew everyone was going to ask me so many questions.

"I'll check up on him." Figure stood up and used the railings for it to guide himself. We all waited silently while Figure tried to make his way to where Seek sat.

Third Person POV:

Figure approached Seek, making sure he left some gap beetween him and the gooey entity. Seek sighed silently, not bothering to look who came, the unique sound of Figure's footsteps were unforgettable.