Chapter 7 [Unexpected]

Seek POV:

It has already passed one day since I learnt that little "interesting fact". And this means I'm still bothered by that. It's just stuck in my head and I also don't do anything about that too. Yeah, no. I'm not bothered by that "little" thing Screech told me. I'm bothered by Figure's feelings for me and my feelings for him. I already know my feelings for him, I was aware of that for years.

But what about his feelings for me? Does he feel the same? Will he admit the fact that he did the "dirty", thinking about me, or is Screech lying just as usual? Or what if it's real and he confesses, and we get together? Am I ready for this if it happens? Or is it better for me to confess instead of him and not make him feel guilty for doing such things? But what if that day, he thinks about confessing, but I ruin it? Or am I just too arrogant to think he likes me?

There's so many thoughts on my mind. And they're all nonsense too.

And I can't let go of those questions, even ONE of them. Just ONE. I still didn't find an answer to ONE damned question. Being an overthinker is hell, literally.

I had too many thoughts about start punching the wall, but everybody knows how that will end. Also the way Figure looked back when we were in the infirmary... Never again. That one was the harshest breakdown out of all the other ones. And that was also the last one, hopefully. After I witnessed Figure looking so terrible, I have promised myself. I was not going to harm myself no more, but if it's for Figure, things change. 

If it's for him, I'm ready to die.

"Seek, can I come in?" A hoarse voice said, outside the room.

It was definitely Figure's voice. We just kept hanging out normally ever since that night. I wouldn't show any hints of me being confused or bothered when I was with him, but I would think about if I should rather confess, or not when he left.

"Yeah, come in." I replied with. I had decided, if he doesn't confess today, then I will. He opened the door, came in and then shut it again. 

"Hello." He said monotonously. I, not wanting to reply so cheerfully to his cold greeting, responded back with also a monotonous tone.

"Hi."

Why would he be acting formal out of nowhere? Maybe he's in a bad mood today, but as far as I've experienced, he usually used to come and hug me tightly as a greeting. Even when he was feeling a bit disappointed because of some wanderers that managed to escape the library, he would still greet me the same and would start venting to me about his problems. 

He slowly approached me and sat next to me on my bed. I stayed quiet waiting for him to say something to start a conversation, like he usually would do. But instead, he did the same as me and stood quiet.

"Uh, are you okay Figure?" I asked, putting my right hand on his shoulder. Figure didn't response for a second, and kept his head lowered - facing the floor.

"Yeah... Why'd you ask."

"Just wondering."

I hope he is preoccupied because he's thinking about whether he should confess or not, because if he doesn't then I will have to confess and I'm not sure if I should do that. But I already made a promise with myself. 

"Are you inlove?" I asked without thinking. I had to start from somewhere, right? Maybe his answer could help me choose to whether confess today or not.

Figure waited a little. Then he hummed. "Huh?"

"Being in love really preoccupies somebody's brain. According to me, hah." He just remained quiet. Why didn't he say no? Is he actually questioning himself?