CHAPTER (3)

Sharan's POV

I was surprised by seeing suji ma. I quickly hugged her.you were here today itself i thought you will come tomorrow i questioned her. I want to see the smile on my child face so only she replied and pinched my nose. Anjali sister brought her coffee.

Anjali:suji ma take this coffee

Sujatha: anjali i think someone has come to fight with you

Anjali: no, somebody has joined in my team to fight with you (said laughingly)

By the time my dad entered the room we all stopped talking. anjali sister went inside the kitchen. I was standing there silently.
Suji ma started talking to his brother.

Sujatha: how was the engagement? I think everything went well.

Dad: yes,everyone attended the function except you.

Sujatha: hmmmm, i was not present here physically but all my thoughts were rounded here.

Dad: mmmm, i can understand

Sujatha: brother, i have prayed for their wealth and happiness, i have brought the Pooja prasadh for them. I can give this to him but how can I give this to her.not only this i want to see her and bless her.

Dad:ok i will be free in the evening we can go,

( My aunt gasped for a minute)

Sujatha: you have so many work and now you have marriage preparation also, so......

Dad:so....... What?

Sujatha: can i take sharan along with me so that they can take blessings together,.....

My dad thought for a minute and said okay finally.

Dad: one more thing. We have to purchase the material needed for wedding. I have planned to do that after 15 days ask them is it ok or ask them to suggest a date.

My aunt showed thumbs up to me. I happily got ready and waiting for suji ma. I thought Pooja prasadh will be in a single small cover but she came up with two large bags. I thought to ask her about this. anyways they are not going to tell so i simply placed the things and started our journey. I was bit amazed, tensed, delighted mixture of emotions within me. Finally we reached her place. Every one was waiting near the door except her

They made us sit and her mother gave us coffee and large plate full of snacks. We were having a small conversation. After few minutes her mother called her to come outside.she came in after few minutes with smile and blush in her face and standing infront of us. My aunt called her and asked to sit beside us. She started talking with her, something like what is her qualification? How much siblings she have?(one brother) reacting to it as if she is hearing all this for first time. After having few important interview questions. She gave the things which she brought. Her mother asked her to touch my aunt's feet for blessings. She bend to touch my aunt's feet suji ma signalled me to get blessings together. We both got blessings together. But suji ma gave lots of gifts to her like saree,bangles, vermilion, flowers.....etc. but nothing in my hands.

Before moving out of her house my aunt asked them that my brother asked you the date for the wedding purchase.we planned it to have after 15 days. Is it ok for you. To which they agreed happily . I was glaring at her all time and her cheeks turning red then and now. Finally we said bye to them and came home.

Riya's POV

I could hear the car horn near the gate. my mom, dad and my brother gathered at the entrance to welcome them. They came inside and sat in the sofa. I was in my room hearing all the conversation. After few minutes mom asked me to come and i went out and sat beside his aunt. We were talking for sometime and his aunt gave me few things. My mom asked me to take blessings from her i bend down to get blessings he too joined with me. She gave me few things. And his aunt asked us about wedding shopping date. My mom and dad too agreed with the date. They said bye to us and went home...

Sharan's POV

After reaching home every one was talking about riya. I entered the room and thinking about the conversation we had. The next evening suji ma and i planned to go back to our house...