drugged at midsummers

Kiara and I had unamused looks on our face as our parents gushed about how amazing we looked, "I can't breath." I deadpanned, making the mothers roll their eyes.

"Do you two ever stop complaining? We take you away from your friends for one night and we can't even get you two to smile." Kiaras mom complained. Neither of us cared. We both grew up as kooks but they weren't our family, the pogues were and our parents hated it.

"This is dumb." Kiara added to my remark and i snickered. Both of us were in silk dresses our moms had picked out. If you set aside the fact that this was an event full of horrible people, we actually looked good. Our hair was done, jewelry hung on our necks along with the promise ring I had gotten from JJ a few months ago for our one year anniversary.

"We're driving separate, bye!" I called out as Kiara and I locked arms and left the house before they could argue against it. With the twist of the key the engine to my jeep roared to life. There was an upside of being a kook, a brand new jeep wrangler for my sixteenth birthday. JJ loved driving it and I loved when he did.

"What if we just didn't show up?" She asked from the passenger seat and I shrugged.

"I mean, it's definitely an option." I agreed, "But you know our parents would go crazy and probably call the cops."

"Leave halfway through when no one is looking?" She asked again and I smiled, nodding my head.

"You read my mind."

>>>>>

I somehow managed to get my seventeen-year-old hands on two bottles of champagne as I ran down the stairs of the wrap around porch and to where Pope and Kiara were, "Look what I goooot." I sang to them, holding the bottles up like a trophy.

"Nice tryyyy." I heard my dad sing over my shoulder as the bottles were snagged from my grasp. I pouted as he walked away.

"At least you tried." Pope said and I shrugged, he was sporting an apron and helping his dad cook on the grills.

"Only way I'll get through tonight is if I'm drunk," Kiara laughed, "Let's go find drinks."

"Sounds good to me, we'll be back in a bit." I said to Pope as we linked arms and walked away. I suddenly saw JJ walking around in a tux carrying a tray of empty drinks and grabbed his shoulder, "How did you land this gig?"

"Uh, community service?" He joked, grabbing my hand and spinning me around, "M'lady looking gorgeous as ever." He pulled me into his chest and placed a kiss on my lips.

"Why thank you Mr. Maybank. We're off to find some alcoholic beverages, we shall return." I responded with a horrible posh accent which caused us all to laugh. He watched me as Kiara and I walked away and went up the stairs to the porch. Before we could enter the house the trio from hell stepped in front of us.

"Kiara, Y/n." Rafe said softly, eyeing us both up.

"You guys look great." Kelce complimented and I gave him a disgusted look. Topper took a sip of his champagne and looked away from us and to the sea of people in the yard.

"Thanks but no thanks, step aside, we need through." I said flatly, hoping they would just move and not annoy us too much. When they didn't budge Kiara straightened her posture.

"You gonna move or?" Kiara asked with attitude.

"Trying to get one of these?" Rafe asked as he grabbed a glass of champagne off a nearby table and held it out to me, "M'lady." I fake gagged at the name, I only liked when JJ called me that, but nonetheless took the drink from his hand and downed it, finishing the entire glass in two big sips.