a forever thing

a forever thing: jj gives y/n a promise ring but his surprise doesn't go as planned...
———
i've had a really really bad mental day so writing some fluff is well needed
———
this was requested<3
———

JJ's pov

"I don't know, man, isn't this a bit much?" I asked John B and Pope as we stood in the fancy jewelry store. All the shiny rings staring at me, making me sick to my stomach with anxiousness.

"Dude, I did not spend a week trying to figure out Y/n's ring size for you to back out." John B rubbed my shoulders and I gave Pope a nervous glance, they both knew I wasn't one for lovey dovey stuff, but for Y/n I'd do anything.

"This one is perfect," Pope pointed through the glass case, "You said she likes small rings, right? Not too flashy?" I nodded my head.

"Yeah, she has an entire Pinterest board full of jewelry she wants," I stood next to Pope as we inspected the ring, but it wasn't perfect. The ring next to it caught my eye. It was silver with a light pink stone in the middle, "This one."

"Incoming!" John B ran over and pushed us both to the ground and out of confusion I shoved him off of me.

"Dude, what the hell!?" I exclaimed and went to stand up but when I saw Y/n and the girls walking past the jewelry store I fell back to the tile floor, "What do we do?" 

"Guys!" I heard Sarah from outside, "Let stop here! I want a new bracelet."

"Shit." John B scrunched his nose. We all stayed silent when the jewelry store door opened, the bell ringing. There was a display in the middle of the store that we were all hiding behind.

I turned to Pope and mouthed, 'what do we do?' again. If we got caught the surprise would be ruined and I couldn't let that happen. For the past two years I've never been able to successfully surprise Y/n, I needed this one thing to catch her off guard. Just this once.

"This is so cute," I heard Y/n say as she walked around the display case, all of us scooting the opposite way.

"Go for the door in three...two—" I began to whisper.

"Did you guys hear that?" Kie asked, "It sounded like JJ." Soon we were met with the surprised stare of Kie as she stood above us. I held my finger to my lips and begged her to stay quiet.

"Why would JJ be here?" Y/n asked. Good, she's clueless.

"Uh, yeah," Kie looked up and back to my girlfriend, "I think I'm hearing stuff." She then walked to the other side of the display and I saw her drag Y/n and Sarah to another case of jewelry, "I think this one is cute." Behind her back and shooed her hand towards us to tell us to go and we quickly ran out of the store.

"Great, there goes my surprise," I took a deep breath since I was trying my best not to breath in order to stay quiet, "The store closes in twenty minutes."

"I have an idea," John B got out his phone, Pope and I watched over his shoulder as we walked down the sidewalk, "There." He handed me his phone and I skimmed the text.

John B
We need you to be incognito and buy a promise ring for Y/n from JJ. Silver band, light pink stone in the middle, size 6.5. Thanks, pay ya back later <3

"What if she gets the wrong one?" I panicked, "There's, like, five silver rings with pink things!"

"JJ, relax." Pope said, "Kie will know what one to get."

"But what if—"

"Ah, ah!" John B stopped me from walking and placed his hands into my shoulders, "Breathe. Kie's got this. We need to get to Y/n's and set everything up. Does her mom know you're coming?" I began nodding my head.