baby (pt. 2)

I sat on the boat with the pogues as we talked about funny stories and random memories. The sun beat down on my skin as I leaned onto JJ, I felt extra bloated today and I hated it. Whoever says pregnancy flies by is a liar, these eight months have been the longest of my entire life.

"How's the pregnancy been, Y/n?" Sarah asked, she laid between John B's legs, her back pressing against his chest.

"I desperately want a beer and I feel fat all the time." I groaned, "It's not the worst thing in the world though. Whenever JJ talks to him he moves around and it's the cutest thing, watch." I gestured for JJ to talk to my stomach as I leaned the other way.

"Dudes, it's magic." JJ smiled and leaned over me, tapping my stomach, "Hey little man, it's dad, just checking in." He placed his hand more to the left and sure enough, baby Maybank kicked his foot exactly where his hand was.

"Oh my gosh!" Kiara said in awe, running over to feel him kick.

"I'm not gonna lie, it's kinda creepy." Pope said, "It just moves around? It doesn't freak you out?" John B nudged his arm with his foot.

"I think it's cute, kinda makes me want one." JB admitted.

Sarah then sat up excitedly, "Really!?"

"In a couple years." He calmed her down and she pouted her bottom lip out, turning back around and resting her back on his chest.

JJ returned to his spot as Kiara stayed next to me, playing a game of cat and mouse with the baby. Every time she poked my stomach little man would kick back, they were taking turns back and forth, it was entertaining.

"JJ, heads up." John B said as he tossed the blonde a beer.

"I think I've got this whole dad thing in the bag," JJ said as he cracked his beer open, putting one hand behind his head to secure his hat as he leaned back and took a sip, "Youtube is an amazing place, I know how to swaddle, change a diaper, put a car seat—"

An excruciating pain erupted in my abdomen and I leaned toward, placing one hand on my stomach. JJ went silent, sitting up quickly as well, "Fuck!" I groaned.

"Pope, shore, now." Kiara turned her head and told him, he was sitting in the drivers seat of the boat so he was now responsible for getting us back to the dock.

"I think that was a contracti—FUCK!" I yelled in pain again, suddenly a watery like substance trailed down my thighs, "My water just broke!"

"Pope, get us to the shore like now!" JJ shouted. Within seconds we were heading to the shore as I took deep breaths.

"I'm going!" Pope responded.

"Not too fast in case we hit waves!" John B instructed and rushed over to my side, joining Kiara and JJ. Sarah came along as well, taking her cold beer and holding it to my forehead to cool me off.

"JJ—" I paused, squeezing my eyes shut as another contraction hit, "I swear to god you better have the truck ready—fuck! and in drive by the time I make it off this boat!"

"I will, Y/n, promise." He said worriedly. My mom told me a few months ago that the time between contractions helped determine how far into labor I was. I began panicking since my contractions came suddenly, now only minutes apart from one another.

"Call my parents." I said quietly to Kiara, who already had her phone out and ready to dial.

When we neared the dock, JJ stood up and jumped onto it right when the boat got close enough, taking off into a full sprint towards the truck.

"Careful, careful." Sarah said as she grabbed my hand, "Don't slip." I heard Kiara behind us on the phone as the guys docked the boat and came over to help. With John B in front of me, Sarah and Pope on my side and Kiara helping while on the phone I managed to get out of the boat as fast and safely as possible.