kiss and make up

I always hated fighting with JJ, even the smallest disagreements sent me into over drive because I was so scared he'd up and leave. I had abandonment issues and he knew it, so he always tried to talk things out but today was different.

"So you want me to put this hunt for the gold above everything else!? My scholarships, my future, our future!?" I shouted at him as we walked into the living room of the chateau. Unfortunately our friends were about to get front row tickets to the Y/n and JJ show.

"You're thinking about your future!" He whipped around and pointed to my chest, "Four-hundred millions dollars, Y/n!! We find the gold and we're set for the rest of our lives!"

"Woah, guys..." Kiara tried calming us down but we were too fired up at this point.

"Oh, so what!? I'm selfish for wanting to get an education and go to college!?" I asked him.

"Yes, you are! You're a selfish bitch sometimes!" JJ yelled and I froze.

"Dude..." Pope said quietly. JJ stood in shock at his own words, not believing what he had just said.

"Y/n, I—"

"Fuck you, JJ." I spat as I shoved past him, nudging his shoulder as I did and walking out the front door. I rounded the corner and jumped onto my dirt bike. A few years ago JJ taught me to ride and I've loved it ever since, so my parents got me a bike last year for my sixteenth birthday.

"Y/n, please! I didn't—" JJ came running after me and tried to speak but every time he did I would rev the bike up, drowning out his voice.

I stopped revving long enough to say, "We're over, JJ. Hopefully you find someone who's not a selfish bitch one day." I then whipped the back of the bike around, causing stones to fly as I sped down the road.

How could he say that? Was I wrong for wanting to stay out of the hunt for gold and focus on school? Was I actually selfish for wanting to build a concrete future and not throw my life away for the small chance that the gold actually exists?

I decided against going home right now since I was still worked up so I rode around town for awhile, taking in the scenery and enjoying the breeze. I could feel my phone vibrating like crazy in my pocket but ignored it. I didn't want to talk to any of them right now, I needed to cool off.

Once I felt calm enough to go home I weaved through town until I was in my driveway.

"You're home early." My mom said as she watered the flowers she had in front of the house.

"Yeah." I deadpanned, not exactly in the mood to talk.

"We're you with your friends? How's JJ? I made his favorite for dinner—"

"I broke up with him." Before she could response I slammed the front door shut and ran to my room, locking the door behind me. I let myself break, tears falling from my eyes as I clamped my hand over my mouth.

"Sweetie.." My mom knocked on my door, "Do you want to talk about it?"

"No, just go away!" I cried as I yelled at her. She didn't respond, all I heard was her footsteps slowly walk away from my door.

I must have fallen asleep on my floor because when I opened my eyes it was dark out and I was still in my shorts and t-shirt from this morning. Pushing myself off the hard wood floor I slipped my phone out of my pocket, seeing what looked like a hundred texts from the pogues. Most of them from JJ saying how sorry he was and that he loved me too much to lose me. I didn't care, we were over.

But I did care. I cared so much I felt physically sick. Did I over exaggerate? No, my feelings are valid. I was upset, I still am. After changing into more comfortable clothes I slid into bed, doing my best to distract myself with Netflix.

I suddenly heard little taps on my window so I stayed quiet. Soon enough two more small taps hit my window and I got out of bed to slide it open. There stood JJ, throwing small stones at my window as he looked up at me.

"Why are you here?" I asked as I poked my head out so I didn't have to shout.

"Baby, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean what I said. I was angry and frustrated because life has been crazy for all of us lately." He apologized. The expression on his face broke me, his eyes were red and puffy as if he had been crying.

"You called me a selfish bitch, JJ, that hurt." I defended my emotions and he looked down at his feet.

"I know..." He said quietly, "I know and I'm sorry. Can I please come inside?" He pointed to the tree next to my house that he used to use to sneak in when we first started dating. When my parents caught him half way up the tree one night they told him to just use the front door and that they knew he had been sneaking in.

I hadn't even gotten words out before I was nodding my head yes. JJ climbed the tree with ease, having the branch pattern memorize at this point and soon enough the blonde was standing in my room right in front of me.

"Apologize." I told him.

"What? I just did—"

"Apologize again." I cut him off.

"I'm sorry for calling you a selfish bitch, I promise I didn't mean it. The gold is so important to find because I'll never be the type of guy to go through college or get scholarships like you and Pope..." He trailed off, grabbing my hands from my side and cupping them in his, "You're so smart and you make it look easy. If we get that money I'll be able to give you everything you deserve, our future kids will have the life they deserve..."

"I need you to realize that my education is important—wait, did you just say 'our future kids', you wanna have babies?" I cooed, fighting a smile from forming on my lips.

"Eventually, when we're both ready. I want everything with you. I wanna get married and have kids, build our own house and I'll open up a surf shop." He smiled down at me and kissed my forehead, "But your education is important so we need to put that first. All of that can wait."

"But the gold can't..." I huffed, slipping my hand from him as I sat on the edge of my bed. He walked over and sat down next to me, "If we don't get our hands on it someone else will and we need that money, JJ."

"So what are we doing? Are we in or out?" He asked, looking at me, his eyes full of love and adoration.

"We?" I questioned.

"If you're out of the g-game then so am I, but if you're in then so am I. We're a team, Y/n, you're my girl and I'm not letting you get away that easy." I couldn't fight it at this point, I let my lips form a smile as I wrapped my arms around him, pulling myself into his lap as his arms went around my waist.

"We're in." I paused, realizing something, "JJ?"

"Hm?" He hummed as he rested his head in the crook of my neck.

"You have to ask me to be your girlfriend again 'cause I kinda broke up with you." I said as I pulled away and gave him a shy, awkward smile. As I looked down at him from his lap he pushed some hair behind my ear.

"Y/n, will you be my girlfriend?...again?" I chuckled and nodded my head yes, pulling him towards me and kissing his lips.

___________________