drowning

After finding the gold the pogues run to the chateau, but when y/n isn't there to celebrate they know something is wrong.
———
This was requested <3
———

"Guard duty, seriously?" I groaned in annoyance at the pogues. They all knew how much I hated standing watch, especially when we were this close to finally getting our hands on the gold.

"Yes, think of it as, we're trusting you with our lives." John B negotiated and I raised an eyebrow at him, still not fully on board, "Anything weird happens out here and you send the signal." The agreed upon 'signal' was a bird call, which I wasn't good at but any noise would work honestly.

Sarah and Kiara started walking toward the Crain house after telling me 'you got this' as a way to lift my spirits.

"How about JJ takes watch?" I pointed to my boyfriend and the blonde shrugged the idea off instantly. It was worth a shot.

"Okay, no," JJ walked over to me and placed his hands on either side of my face as I looked up at him, "How about this? You take guard duty tonight and I'll do anything you want for the next week."

"Don't you do that anyway?" Pope snickered, followed by John B making a whip noise. I began laughing at the duo.

"Go inside! Go!" JJ scolded them and they walked away. I stopped laughing and JJ replaced his hands to my cheeks, "If you can't think of a good reason then do it 'cause you love me."

"Not fair." I pouted my bottom lip out and crossed my arms in front of my chest. He smirked down at me, knowing that his words worked, "Fine, but I'm expecting back massages every night for the next month."

He placed a quick kiss onto my lips, "You got it, cupcake," With his feet now walking him backwards towards the house he held his hand up to wave, "I love you!"

"I love you too, now go get that gold!" I called back. He slipped into the house and out of my sight so I took a seat onto the stone wall and looked around for anything unusual. I wasn't expecting anything to go wrong but the pogues all knew it was better to be safe than sorry.

JJ's pov

"Did you guys hear that?" Pope asked, looking to where we came into the house, "I think that was the signal."

"Let's get out of here then." Kie responded, she was already making her way away from us as she grabbed Sarah by the arm as she passed.

"The gold is here, we're this close, guys." I held my thumb and pointer finger close together for a visual, "I'm not leaving."

"JJ, if Y/n did the signal it's probably the cops. She's most likely already on her way back to the chateau." John B grabbed my shoulder and pushed me away from the well softly. I gritted my teeth in frustration, but I had to trust my girl on this. She wouldn't do the signal for no reason.

"Let's go." I grabbed onto John B's arm and ushered for everyone else to leave before me, making sure they made it out. As we passed the stone wall I didn't see Y/n sitting there, which didn't worry me. We, I specifically, told her that after she calls the signal to high tail it out of here. I didn't need her taking the fall for anyone, even if that meant all of us getting caught.

"Wait! Guys, I think I see something!" Sarah stopped in the middle of the road and looked behind us.

"Sarah, there's nothing there, we gotta go!" John B turned her around and grabbed onto her hand as they ran. I couldn't help but feel myself turning around to double check our surroundings.

"JJ, come on!" Pope pulled me out of my trance when he saw my pace was slowing down and before I knew it both him and Kie were dragging me down the road next to them.