falling in love

falling in love: y/n remembers all the little things that made her fall in love with rudy
———
the italicized words are going to be flashbacks/memories :) it'll make sense when you read
———

I think I realized I loved Rudy Pankow the second our eyes met for the first time. It was at a table read for the pilot episode of the show.

"First and foremost I want to welcome everyone to the first table read of Outer Banks!" Jonas cheered as he stood up from his chair. The table was a simple white, long table with all of us sitting in our assigned spots. To my right was Madelyn and to my left was Rudy, this was also my first time officially meeting them, "I want everyone to take a second and get to know each other."

"Easy enough," Madelyn chuckled and turned to me, "We met during auditions, but it's nice to actually sit down with you." She held her hand out and I shook it.

"Auditions were so hectic," I pointed out and we both giggled remembering the day, "but I'm really excited to work with you." While still looking at Madelyn, I reached to my left to grab my water bottle. Instead of it landing in my hand, it went falling to the floor.

"Got it," The voice belonging to the handsome blonde said and pushed his chair back from the table to grab the water bottle that was attempting to roll away, "Here ya go."

My eyes landed on his and as my water bottle was returned to my hand I felt a smile fight it's way onto my lips, "I'm, uh, I'm Y/n."

"Rudy," He seemed almost as breathless as I was, both of us staring at one another, "It's nice to meet you."

I couldn't respond, I was stuck in a haze of instant attraction, "Well, looks like someone has instant chemistry," Madison said from next to Madelyn and the entire cast burst out laughing.

Or maybe it was when he told me he loved me for the first time, his voice so strong and confident. It was the same day we made our relationship official.

I was rambling on about my family vacation in Rudy's trailer. Both of us sitting criss-cross while sharing a blanket across from one another. We did this often, snuggled up on the couch in one of our trailers. Although we weren't together, we sure acted like it. Everything couples did, we did, but without the label.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I paused from my story telling and looked to the blonde, his eyes fixated on me while I spoke.

"I love you," He smiled and I felt my stomach flutter as my face warmed, "Your eyes light up when you're happy about something. I just wanted to tell you how beautiful you are."

"I love you, too," I looked down and twiddled my thumbs in my lap, the smile beginning to hurt my cheeks from how wide it was, "I was going to talk to you about something, actually, but got distracted."

"Come over here and talk to me then," He chuckled and opened the blanket, gesturing for me to lay on his chest. As I switched so we were now laying the same way his arms went around me as if it was instinct, something that was part of his daily routine. At this point it was.

"So, obviously our feelings are, uh, mutual," I began awkwardly. I've never asked someone out, I've never even wanted to until I met Rudy, "and I like being around you and spending time with you so, uh.." I began picking at the skin around my thumb nail anxiously.

"Y/n," He gently wrapped his hands around mine so I'd stop picking, "will you be my girlfriend?" I looked up excitedly to see his blue eyes a bit brighter than usual, his pupils dilating upon eye contact.