gone (pt. 2)

TW: mentions of blood

This was requested <3
———
JJ's pov
———

"Y/n!?" I cried out, grabbing my girlfriends face and giving it a gentle shake, "No, no, no..." I felt tears falling down my face. My arms dropped to her shoulders, shaking her again, "Wake up!"

"JJ..." Sarah said softly, gaining my attention. When I looked down I saw the amount of blood she had lost, it was pooling on the side of her body, "She's lost so much blood."

"No," I stopped her, I wasn't going to allow her to say the next words. Y/n is not dead.

My Y/n. The girl who loved me regardless of my social status. The girl who never cared about anyone else's words. She picked me up, fixed me, made me whole. I refused to believe she was gone.

"Drive faster!" I screamed at Kiara who flinched at my sudden tone of voice.

"Why isn't she talking?" Pope questioned as he spun around in the passenger seat, looking down to see Y/n's eyes closed, "JJ, why did she stop talking!?"

"I said drive! Just drive!" I ushered them. I couldn't focus on anything else. All that mattered was getting my girlfriend to a hospital. I placed two fingers on her wrist, trying to feel for a heartbeat. My stomach dropped when I didn't feel a steady pulse, "Princess?" I whispered, leaning down and placing my forehead against hers. My tears slipped from my eyes and onto her cheeks, "Baby? Wake up."

"JJ, her neck, feel her neck." Sarah's voice held the smallest amount of hope as I looked up at her with my bloodshot eyes. I let my hands make their way to her neck, feeling around with two fingers in an attempt to find a heartbeat.

There it was. It was faint but it was there.

"I-I got it!" I cracked the slightest bit of a smile. My fingers never left her weak pulse as we pulled into the ambulance bay of the hospital. Kiara was the first out, followed by Pope, who pulled the van door open hurriedly. Sarah then jumped out. I was last, grabbing Y/n in my arms bridal style I ran towards the sliding glass doors.

Nurses and other hospital staff stared at me with wide eyes when I entered the building, "We need help! Please!" I pleaded to any pair of ears that was open.

"What happened!?" A man in blue scrubs ran over to us and ushered for a gurney to be brought over, "Son, can you tell me what happened?"

I laid Y/n's limp body onto the gurney and tried to speak. All that came out was cries, repeating, "You gotta help her.." Over and over again like a prayer.

"She got shot!" Pope took charge since he knew I was in no state to speak right now.

"Book an O.R now! All hands on deck, she's lost a lot of blood!" The man yelled as he lifted the railings on the side of her bed and began rushing down the hall. I sprinted behind him, I didn't want to leave her side.

"Sir, sir!" A woman stepped in front of me when we reached a pair of brown double doors, "Authorized personnel only past this point. There's a waiting room right around the corner."

"No, that's my girlfriend, the love of my life. I need to be with her." I looked down at her, my jaw clenching in slight anger at the thought of being ripped away from Y/n.

"JJ, let's go wait for her." Kiara placed a hand in my arm and I flinched, "Come on, we can all wait together."

"She's going to be okay." Pope added, walking in front of me in case I tried to bolt down the hall. Sarah had already made her wait to the waiting room as she stared down at her bloodied hands.