i object

i object: y/n is getting married, but a particular blonde isn't the groom.
———
this was requested<3
———
sidenote: i made sam up, he's not based off anyone so you can imagine him however you'd like. also, i did include in this imagine that y/n has parents but please, please feel free to replace them with anyone in your life that holds importance. i know that everyone has their own families, whether it be parents, legal guardians, or just friends they consider parental figures.
———

I spun around slowly as Madelyn, Madison, and Carlacia had their hands covering their mouths to hide the gasps. Tears swelled in their eyes as I took the first look at myself after being dressed and ready for my big day, "Oh my gosh.." I said quietly.

"You look beautiful, Y/n." Carlacia took a step closer and placed her hand onto my arm, "Sam is one lucky man."

"Knock knock!" Chase chirped while entering the room. His jaw threatened to drop when he looked at me, "Oh wow, dude, you look great!" He walked over to me and pulled me into a quick hug.

"You okay?" Madison asked when she realized I wasn't fully in the moment. Something was missing. That something being my best friend for the past ten years.

"Where's Rudy?" I let go of the hug and looked to all of them. He had responded to the rsvp so I couldn't help but wonder the whereabouts of the blonde.

"I'm sure he's just running late." Chase answered and my nerves settled but only slightly. JD was the next to enter the room that was dedicated to me getting ready, he had the biggest smile on his face.

"Cold feet yet?" He joked while pulling me in for what felt like my millionth hug of the day, "I just took a pre-wedding shot with Sam, he's a bundle of anxiousness right now."

"Have you seen Rudy?" I dismissed his words and released him from the hug, "I should go find him." I began walking towards the door but everyone stopped me with different shouts.

"He's coming!"
"Sam can't see you before the wedding!"
"I'll call him!"

"Y/n..." Madison was the last to speak as she placed both of her hands onto my shoulders, "I promise Rudy will be here, okay? Let's just take some deep breaths." She took a deep breath and I copied her, both of us exhaling the breath through our noses slowly, "Better?"

"Better." I lied. I still couldn't shake the worry that Rudy was going to miss this day. I heard music quietly beginning to play and knew that was our que to line up and get ready.

"Let's get you married." Chase patted my shoulder as he walked by. They were all in the wedding as bridesmaids and groomsmen. Rudy was supposed to be walking with Madison but since I hadn't seen him I'm worried she'd be walking alone.

We all piled out of the room and I bumped into someone, "Sorry." I quickly apologized and when I looked up instant relief washed over me, "You're here!" I pulled Rudy into a hug and swayed us back and forth.

"Wouldn't miss it." He replied, "Sorry I'm late, I had to stop and grab something." His hand slipped into his pocket and he pulled out a small box, "Remember when we all went to Costa Rica and you saw that bracelet?"

I nodded my head and he placed the box into my hands. It opened slowly to reveal the bracelet I had fallen in love with, it was perfect, "Rudy, thank you so much." It was a simple piece of jewelry. A silver bracelet with small diamonds around, it reflected the lights beautifully.

"It's been sitting in my dresser drawer for almost a year. I was waiting for the, uh, the right moment, I guess. This seems as good as any. It can be your something new." He awkwardly laughed and I attempted to clip it onto my wrist but was struggling, "Here, let me." His hands brushed against mine as he clipped the latch tight and I twisted my wrist around to admire it.