i'll protect her

i'll protect her: what if jj had a little sister?
———
before anyone asks, yes, there will be a part 2 of 'situationship' i just need to reread it before i start writing.

anywho, this idea was requested a few times and i thought it was absolutely adorable, enjoy<3
———

"Josie, c'mon, we gotta get home." JJ crouched next to his sister as I sat next to her on the floor of my living room. We were coloring in her favorite Disney coloring book, something we did often. She enjoyed it more than anything in the entire world.

"No, I wanna stay with Y/n ." She pouted her bottom lip and did her famous, six-year-old puppy dog eyes, "Can I stay?" She looked over to me with a sweet, innocent smile on her face, another way of begging.

"That's up to your brother," I looked back up to her brother and did my own version of puppy dog eyes, "Can she stay?"

"You guys are cute," A grin tugged at the corner of his lips and I found myself blushing, "but not tonight, sis, dad wants us both home."

"I want to stay," Josie mumbled under her breath, but got up. Although she was clearly upset, she knew better than to go against her brothers words, so she listened and went to slip her light up shoes on. I stood up and pushed the crayons into a small pile so they wouldn't go rolling off the coffee table.

"Thanks for watching her when I'm at work," JJ said. I stood up straight and took a small step towards him, "She loves you."

"I love her, too," His arms reached for me and I pulled him into a hug as well, "She's the little sister I always wanted." My head rested onto his shoulder and I felt his chin rest on top of my head, "Get home safe." I peaked my head up to look into his eyes, his fingers gently pushing a piece of hair behind my ear.

"We will," After a quick kiss he let go and walked over to his sister. Despite my arguments, he allowed her to ride on the dirt bike, "Got your helmet?" He asked her. She nodded her head and grabbed her small helmet off the shoe rack, "Let's roll, cupcake." His hand opened the front door and she walked onto the porch.

"I love you." I said to JJ while walking over and resting my hand on the open front door.

"I love you, too," He placed another kiss onto my cheek, then the two walked off the wooden porch steps. I watched as he helped her onto the bike, then got on behind her carefully so she wouldn't fall. Watching JJ with his sister made me want to start a family of our own, something we can call ours. I'm sure that day is years away, but I was already excited about it.

"Bye-bye, Y/n!" Josie's small voice yelled over the engine of the bike and waved her hand towards me. I mimicked the wave and yelled back.

"Bye, JoJo!" After that, they were off in the direction of their home. With the front door now closed behind me, I went back to the living room and gathered all of the coloring books Josie kept here and made my way to my room. She had a drawer all to herself full of small toys, crayons, coloring books, and even extra clothes in case she stayed the night. It wasn't too often, usually on nights where Luke and JJ were getting into arguments, but we decided it was best to keep spare clothes here just in case.

"Was that JJ and his sister!?" I heard my mother ask from down the hall, she must have just gotten home from work.

"Yeah!" I threw everything into her drawer and walked back down the hall to see my mom taking her shoes off, "There's cookies on the counter we made earlier. Josie set one aside just for you."

"That girl is just adorable, isn't she?" My mom smiled and walked to the kitchen, I followed. She grabbed a cookie off the plate and took a bite, "I want more little feet running around here," I could tell she was slipping into deep thought, "I miss hearing you yell for me whenever you needed help and your feet running around on the hardwood floor, you were so little."