Tell The Truth

🪷💖✨🪷💖✨🪷💖✨🪷💖✨🪷💖✨

🪷💖✨🪷💖✨🪷💖✨🪷💖✨🪷💖✨

Mia

"Thanks for everything, Nate." I say politely and reach over, cupping his cheek. I ;ran forward to kiss his cheek, seeing his big smile, but he moves, making our lips meet again.

I can't help but feel butterflies in my stomach. I pull away just ha;f an inch, looking at his eyes. He bites his bottom lip and I can't help but give in again, leaning in and kissing him. It's so hard to resist him, but believe me, I would not be doing this if I knew he was still with Andrea.

His kiss is soft, molding perfectly with my lips and tongue. His hand cups my face, interlacing his fingers with my hair as he pulls me closer. I want to keep kissing him, but... No. I can't.

I pull away, gasping for air. We are panting, our breath erratic. He places his forehead against mine, closing his eyes. "I'm... I'm sorry. I got carried away." he apologizes and I can't help it as my lips tug into a smile.

"Nate, it's ok. We uhm... We both did. I think. I need to go." I whispered, feeling his hand in the back of my head still. I rested my hand over his, as our foreheads still lingered together. "I'll see you later, ok? Call me if you need to." he says, pulling away and smiling. He kisses my forehead and then I get out of his car, closing the door and waving goodbye.

"Hey, by the way," Nathan calls out from behind me as I walked toward my sister's house. I turn, seeing a big smile on his face as the door where I sat is now down. "My parents are throwing a party for my little brother. Your sister and everyone are planning on coming. I hope to see you there." he says, giving me a smile.

I mean, I know it was a kid's party, but his family always had a way to make you feel welcomed and made you have a good time. Besides, if I was being totally honest... I was looking forward to seeing him again.

"I'll be there," I say, making his smile grow as he dropped his face down and looked at me with a gleam in his eyes.

He winks at me and nods, "It's good to have you back in town, Mia." he says, and drives away.

I sigh, standing in the driveway as I feel the butterflies in my stomach. Am I wrong to feel this attraction toward him? I mean, he was dating a friend of mine, and I know for a fact that Andrea adores him still. It was the main reason why I stayed away from them for so long.

I knew if I stayed away, I could suppress these strong feelings I felt for him. But every time I see him... I can't help to feel the, resurface stronger and stronger every time.

"Mia, you're home." my sister, Nikki calls from the door making me come out of my trance. I turn, giving her a slight smile.

"Hi, Niks," I say as she engulfs me with a big bear hug.

"Oh, I missed you so much, kiddo," she says, squeezing me tighter. I chuckle, hugging her back. For the longest, it was just Nikki, dad, and me since Audrey had married Steven. It wasn't until three years ago when Bailey came into the picture and a year after, dad married her mom, Phoebe.