Family Drama

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨

Nate

I followed Jordan to his car, pulling him by his arm right before he pressed the button on his remote to unlock it. "Jordan, wait. Come on man. What's going on with you? You've been ignoring everyone's phone calls since the day we had dinner with our families. What's going on?" I ask, making him turn irritated.

"Nate, I mean it. Just drop it okay?" he says, holding his hand out.

"You really don't want to talk about it, fine. I'm not going to pressure you, man. But- we have a big game coming up, and you know it. You miss a single practice and the coach will not let you play. You know that." I say, trying my best to keep him from leaving.

"I don't care! Alright?" he says, holding his hands out, making me worried.

"See? There you go! Something is wrong... something big, and you don't want to tell me. I thought we were best friends man. I guess I was wrong!" I say, sounding a bit hurt. Truth is, I was just concerned. He's not the kind to bottle things up.

Jordan is like an open book to me. He's never hidden anything from me. Well... except for the time when he took my guinea pig without permission as a kids and he accidently lost it.

It took him nearly a week to confess after he saw my parents turn the house upside down looking for Petey.

"I guess we'll just have to leave it alone. For all Petey's sake." I said, making him roll his eyes and grunt. "Alright.... Alright. But... fuck!" he says, kicking the floor and placing his backpack down as he leans on his car.

"You're not gonna like what I'm going to say one bit, Nate. I'm... I'm really debating my whole life right now. I think... I think I might quit the team, after this." he says, making my eyes widen in shock.

"What? Why?" I ask as I lean next to him in the car, placing my backpack down and crossing my hands over my chest.

He sighs, looking heavenward. "The day of the dinner... I went home, and I... I heard my parents arguing." he says, making me roll my eyes.

"There's no surprise there, Bud. They argue like every other day. No offense man, but Amanda is a little toxic." I say, making him chuckle as he nods his head.

"Yeah, well... I guess I know why now. She has a bit of a point to be acting too toxic with my pops, Nate." he says, making me pensive over his words.

I leaned on the car next to him as he vented over what he had heard that night. To say I was shocked is an understatement. I was speechless.

"I ... don't know what to say. Damn. So you're saying that... my Mia, might actually be...?" I said, making him nod with his lips pursed.

"Yeaaaahp!" he says, sighing.

"Damn!" I say, looking a the ground. "I heard everything, Nate. My dad was unfaithful. He was with Mia's mom around the same time his mom announced to him that she was pregnant. As of today, there's been no DNA tests to prove if Mia and I are related. But the possibility still stands."

"So...what are you going to do?" I asked, looking at him in concern.

"I already confronted my mom. She refused to talk about it. She was so mad when I pushed the subject that she actually grounded me. She took my phone away, my games, all my damn electronics man."

"What?" I asked, incredulously.

"I'm serious. I tried calling my dad, but she caught me with her phone in hand. My dad is still out on business for the next three days, so I won't be able to ask him until he comes back." he says. Making me bite the inside of my cheek.

I was turmoiled. The news he had just told me was bothersome. Mia has already gone through so much. If she finds that there is a possibility that Robbie was not her dad.... She'll be crushed.

"Mia can not find out about this, Jordan," I said, making him look at me with a weird expression. "Why the hell not? She needs to know. It's her mother's damn fault my parents haven't gotten along all this time. She needs to know, she needs to know what kind of mother she had and face reality for fucks sake!" he says angrily, making me sigh, holding my hands out.

"Dude...are you listening to yourself? You have always said if in another life you had siblings you would love for Mia to be your sister. You and her have always gotten along. She is just as innocent about this as you."

"You're saying that because she's your girl."

"I'm saying this because she is your friend too, Jordan. Don't forget who was there for you when you sprained your ankle in eighth grade and I was away with my parents. She was there for you when your dad took off last year, and your mom was threatening him with divorce papers. Neither of you knew about this, yet she was there. Despite- your mom being nasty to her all along. She had always been there for you. And now... Now you know why. If she is... your sister, she is the only other family you have besides your parents. Do you really want to start hating her before giving it a chance? What if she's not your sister? Are you still willing to cut her off because of a mistake your dad and her mom made?" he was speechless.

Maybe I was in the wrong for telling him this... maybe I was right. What I do know. Is this news going to crush Mia as much as it's hurting Jordan?

"Look. First, talk to your dad. Ask him for an explanation, and find out the truth. If he's not willing to talk...there is still one more person you can ask." I suggest making him turn, looking at me intriguingly.

"And who might that be?" he asks, crossing his hands over his chest, furrowing his eyebrows. "Robbie Miller," I reply, making him look at me curiously.

If anyone can explain things with a much clearer head, it is Robbie Miller. Unlike Amanda who has made it her sole goal to dent her marriage, Robbie tried his hardest to keep the family together. At least, that's what he had always said. I can't imagine what Amanda must have felt finding that Leroy had been unfaithful to her.

Nonetheless, how she must have felt finding the woman he cheated on with, was expecting. One thing was for sure, Mia's panic attacks have been under control lately, and I was going to try my hardest to keep it that way. Even if it meant, keeping this secret from her for as long as we could.

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨