Volunteers Needed

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨

Mia

"That...was intense!" I said as I sat in Nate's car, making him chuckle. Jordan was knocked out in the back seat as we drove home. Nate chuckled, winking at me as he held my hand. "It was. Who knew Grandpa's bistro was so busy!" he adds, making me chuckle.

"Yeah, no kidding. It's pretty busy for being in the middle of a small town." I said as he nodded. The place was close to the Marine barracks, and since it was now close to October, the preparations for our annual town fair were happening, which meant that the town was going to start swarming with tourists and soldiers from the Marine barracks coming by more often.

And- if you're wondering why Jordan keeps riding with Nate all the time, it's because every time Amanda gets mad at him, she takes his car keys away. It's pretty sad, but she's just like that. She's toxic, even if they tell me otherwise. I can see through her.

She acts so sweet in front of people, but I've seen the way she treats Jordan. It's as if she didn't want him around or something. She's like those cougars that want to act young, but get mad if any other woman looks at Leroy. She's just...psycho!

The next day we arrived at school early in the morning. We went through every class as usual. Jordan and I worked on our project together, and I couldn't help but oversee how Andrea's friends looked at us while they whispered among themselves. I didn't pay much mind, though I won't lie... it does bother me. More than I want to let know.

"Don't pay attention to them. They're jealous of you." Jordan says as he leans close and whispers. I look at him, smiling at him. "I mean it. They're jealous of you. You're not like them." he says, making me look at him confused.

"What? No, they're not." I say, rolling my eyes and pushing him playfully on his shoulder, earning a chuckle from him.

"They are... and so is Andrea," he says, looking at them sideways. "It doesn't matter how much money they throw around, or how much they flaunt. They will never be like you, and that's what they hate. You're you. People like you for you, not because of what you can give them." he says, making me squint my eyes, puzzled by his words.

"Come again?" I say, making him chuckle.

"Mia, you may not have a lot of money, which... might change soon by the way," he says looking down, making me feel more confused than before.

"But you're humble, kind, beautiful, caring, charismatic, you have this... sense of humor and personality that just makes you want to be around. They would kill to have your natural beauty, your personality, the way you are... so you," he says, making me chuckle.

"I mean it, Mia. If I had a sister like you, I would be so proud," he says, getting choked up. What is with Jordan today? He's been so weird since last night with me. But if I have to be honest, it would be cool to have a brother like him. He's so kind and so funny and I love spending time with him. He looks away for a few seconds, making me purse my eyebrows. I place my hand on his shoulder, squeezing his shoulder lightly. "I would love to have a brother like you, Jordan. You're a great friend, you know that?" I say, making him look at me with a soft gaze.

The squad begins to cackle, making me roll my eyes. They keep murmuring among themselves, making me sigh. I have no idea how they got into this AP class. They are obviously hanging on to their last brain cell.

"Alright, quiet down. Listen, this year the committee is asking for volunteers for the upcoming gala. I know you all have heard of the annual Mitchell and Spencer gala." Our teacher explains making the girls whoot with excitement. "So, this year, the committee has asked for volunteers. IF... you decide to volunteer for the gala I will be giving you guys extra credit. But, you have to show proof that you were there helping. Got it? Applications and sign-ups are available in the library." the teacher explains, making Jordan and I exchange looks.