Sweet Walk

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨

Nathan

I would be lying to you if I said I wasn't nervous right now. This isn't my first date. Andrea has made me go out numerous times with her to the movies and dinner and all that shit. But Mia is different. I don't know how to explain this, and I don't know why, but she is.

I spent all night talking with Dad about this, and after a while of Mom lecturing me about making sure I treat Mia right and not break her heart or she'll break my legs, I finally came up with a great idea. Well, technically, it was Dad who came up with the idea, I just took it into action.

Regardless- I hope she likes what I planned for her.

"So... Where are we going?" she asks, smiling brightly and looking so beautiful. I smiled, biting my bottom lip just thinking of how sweet her kisses are. "Well, I hope you don't mind, but I need to make a quick stop at my grandma Riley's first," I say, winking at her. She smiles, nodding her head. "Not at all. I love your grandma, Riley," she adds, making me feel good inside.

Truth is, my grandma doesn't like many girls in my circle. She says girls these days are too liberal and weird. But she loves Mia, and that is a major plus for me.

I made my way quickly onto Grandma's driveway and killed the engine. "I'll be back quickly, ok?" I say, and without hesitation, I make my way out running to the door. I knock as I open the door and smile as I see my aunt Ashley with her kids and Uncle Aaron sitting at the kitchen stools along with Grandma Riley and Derreck. Derreck is not my real grandpa. She was married to my grandpa Charles, but they got divorced when my dad was in his senior year of high school.

Over time, they patched their differences and are all friends now, but it still feels awkward when Grandpa Charles is here with his new wife.

"Grandma!" I called out to her, and she smiled. She takes out the basket of goods I had asked her for with a big smile as I go and kiss her cheek. "There's my baby!"

"Hey, kid! I heard the good news. You and Mia, huh?" Uncle Aaron asks, making me chuckle. "Yeah, me and Mia."

"Don't they just make the cutest couple?"

"Mhm." My grandma and Aunt Ash say, making me smile.

"Now, you listen to me, kiddo! You better treat that girl with respect, or I'll," my aunt says, as Uncle Aaron grabs her waist and pulls her.

"Ash, leave the kid alone. Nate, go and have fun. But not too much fun, yah hear." he says, making me feel embarrassed. "Aaron!" Aunt Ashley says, slapping him on the chest lightly.

"I'm just glad you are moving on from that Andrea girl. She was bad news, Natey." Grandma says, making me sigh.

Truth is, I know Andrea is toxic, I get it now. I failed to see it, even when my own family tried to warn me, but I was stubborn. I wanted so badly to get Mia out of my head each time she came into town because she made it clear we couldn't date that I made the bad decision of asking Andrea out.

Andrea was my friend, and I always got along with her, mostly because I didn't know how she was behind closed doors. I never thought she would turn out to be so toxic. She seemed like the sweetest girl.

"Thanks, grandma. Anyway, I should get going. Mia is waiting for me." I say as I signal toward the car and smile. I take off, and Mia and I are set off to our destination.

Ten minutes drive, and we are finally here. Mia looks at me mischievously and out toward the long dark walk. "I heard about your mom's reaction about her first date with your dad. Are you trying to take me into a dark walk and get rid of me already?" She says, making me chuckle.

"I would never hurt you, baby. I promise you're gonna like this." I say, making her squint her eyes incredulously. "Come on, the food's getting cold." I say, taking off my seat belt.

"Ok, but if you try and kill me,just know I have a few people who will be coming out to look for me. I'm not a total loner." She says, making me burst into laughter.

I reach over, grabbing her chin and planting a kiss on her lips. "Believe me, there are lots of thongs I want to do to you, but killing you is not one of them." I whisper into her lips, making her bite her bottom lip.

I can't help but lick her bottom lip, biting it a little. I mean, what can I say? Just looking at her is a turn-on, and I know I want her badly, but I'm willing to wait until she is ready.

"You are such a tease, Nathan Spencer!" She says, rubbing her nose against mine softly. My smile widens, and I take advantage, leaving another feather-like kiss on her sweet plump lips.

"Is this part of your grandpa's vineyard? They are so beautiful. No wonder everyone likes your family brand wine, the vineyards look amazing, I can see they are so well taken care of." She says making me feel proud. I remember working in these vineyards as a kid, every summer, I came and helped Grandpa take care of them.

We walked hand in hand through one of the rows of Grandpa's vineyard. The only light was the moon, but it just made it feel more special. We finally got to the small gazebo at the end of the line, and I awaited her reaction.

Soon as she stepped in, I hit the switch, and the fairy lights went on, just enough to give us the right light. My mom had come earlier and fixed the table for us. She arranged it with a table for two, set with flowers, candles, and a special box I had asked her to bring.

I had never done this for Andrea, and yes, I felt a little guilty for it. But it's just so different with Mia. I can't explain how she makes me feel. I feel like I am at home with her like I can do so much and feel so motivated next to her.

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨