Jade

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨

Mia

The bell to the next class would soon ring but Nate was adamant to hold me as he buried his head in the curve of my neck, making me chuckle. "You know you're going to be late for the next class. Coach Mitchell is not going to be happy if you're late," he grunts, making me chuckle.

Their practice started after school years ago, but in recent years, they changed it by making all the sports start practice during their last class of the day. This way, they didn't go home so late.

I think it was best this way, since soon it was going to start getting darker soon, and Kate sometimes stayed later at the library. This town is really safe, everyone knows each other, but you never know with so many tourists coming into town now and then.

"Hey, would you mind going with me after school to the library?" I asked Nate, as I ran my fingers through his hair, making him sigh.

"Of course. What for, if you don't mind me asking?" he asks smiling, showing me his dimples as he slowly pulls away. "I wanted to sign up for the annual gala. But I need to sign up now before it's too late. Last year my school only had fifteen slots open. I was lucky to be number fifteen, but I don't know how many slots are open this year for each school. " I said making him chuckle.

"Mia, you don't have to volunteer if you want to attend. Every year I give you an invitation and every year you turn it down," he says, wrapping his hands around my waist and nudging my nose with the tip of his nose, making me chuckle.

"Yeah, I know, that's because attending as a guest is not the same as volunteering," I said, stating the obvious as I tapped the tip of his nose with my finger. "Oh, really?How so?" he says, landing a kiss on my lips. A few girls were passing, and they were in awe seeing him being so loving to me. They chuckled as they passed, whispering amongst themselves how cute we looked together, making me blush.

I chuckle seeing his eyebrow raised as he bit his bottom lip. "Because... volunteering gives me extra credit. Attending doesn't."I say, making him hang his head, and grunt. "Mia, I wanted you to attend this year. As my date," he says, sounding a little disappointed. It made me feel bad. I've been working overtime to be the best, so I can get into a good university, that I think hasn't really given it my all in our relationship.

I'm so invested in my school because I keep in mind that I may not be as financially stable as they are, but I don't think I'm being fair to him. He's always going far and beyond for me. "You did?" I asked, feeling a ping in my heart. "Yes. I had it all planned... in my head of course. I mean, you're my girlfriend, Mia. There is no other girl I would go to this thing if not with you." he says, cupping my face and giving me his puppy eyes.

God, I hate it when he does that face. He is so darn cute and it makes me feel so vulnerable. "I... I guess one year of not attending as a volunteer would be ok. I mean, besides, there are plenty of other volunteer jobs I can do, we're still pretty early into the year." I say, making his face light up and his smile grows beautifully.

"Really?" he asks, making a small cheer jump and, among me chuckle. "Yes, really," I reply. He shoots, jumping and hugging me tightly right as he twirls me around.

After he smothered me with kisses and hugs, he finally walked me to my next class and sprinted to his, but not before turning and blowing kisses the whole way. I couldn't help but walk into class with a big smile on my face.

(later that day at work)

I was serving some of our last guests for the night. I set the plate down and then the other, "Enjoy your meal. Please, let me know if there is anything else I can help you with." I said to the lady, earning a warm smile in return. "Thanks, sweetie. We'll let you know if we do," she says and begins to eat. I turned on my heels and returned to the kitchen to see if I was needed in there.

The place was fairly slow today, so our manager, Pascal had allowed us to study while it was slow, but, I had already finished most of my homework while I waited for Nate to end football practice. "OK, guys, I know most of you have exams coming soon before the end of the first school year quarter ends, so Pascal ordered that you guys go home early." the second manager, Noemi says, making us look at each other.

"But, what about the guest?" I asked, concerned about the few guests I had under my care. "Don't worry about it. Well handle it." she smiles, winking at the other girls inside the kitchen with us. "Oh, by the way, we have two new girls joining our team as of tomorrow. I want to introduce you guys to Khloe and Jade," she says, as my worst nightmare comes in.

Jade was the girl who had made my life a living hell in my old high school. She was the popular girl, with her good looks and the money to throw around. If Andrea thought she was living the high life filled with luxury and snootiness, Jade made her look like nothing. Her parents live in Chicago, and Jace lives with her grandmother, which means she is left most of her time unsupervised and free to do as she pleases.

Which makes me wonder... why the hell is she here? She has absolutely no need to work. No one in this town knows how miserable she made my life, and I would have wished it had stayed that way.

She is a psycho. She would call me at random times with a private number and call me all kinds of names, harass me, and even get physical at times. I wondered.... What the hell is she doing here?

"Hi," they both say smiling but her face changes when she notices me. She gives me an evil stare and for once, I feel so uncomfortable in my own work. When I dated my ex, I had no idea she had a crush on him. He didn't know either, but while we dated, she tried everything to sabotage our relationship. It didn't help that he was so indifferent to everything. So I chose to leave him and hoped everything was over.

Boy was I wrong. She didn't quite. She not only harassed me but then began to bother Bailey. I had finally had enough when she locked Bailey inside a small janitor's closet after school on a day I was sick and had stayed home. Luckily, the janitor had heard Bailey's cry and opened the door.

When Bailey told the principal who had locked her inside, all Jade got was a slap on the wrist because her grandmother was so nice to write them a check and call it done and over with.

This was not going to be good. I had tried to run from my past, smiling toward life when Dad and my stepmom announced we had to move schools. But now.... It seemed life had backfired on me again. Did I replay not deserve a break? Was I so bad in my last life that I needed to be punished constantly by these girls filled with so much hate and drama toward me?

I guess a simple life is not meant for everyone, especially not me. I closed my eyes and groaned inwardly. I really need this job, how the heck am I supposed to work here with Jade joining us?

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨