Peculiar Circumstances

💖✨🌸💖✨🌸💖✨🌸💖✨🌸💖✨🌸

Mia

I was ready to fall asleep after taking a nice shower. For being the beginning of fall already, the weather was still incredibly hot. I turned on the fan, drying my hair with my bath towel as I made my way to the bed. Bailey was not home. I figured she was with that no-good Liam.

God, I have a bad feeling about this guy. I can't help it, I can't shake off the feeling he's going to hurt her. I looked at my phone and saw Nate had answered my good night text. He texted good night and that he loved me too. Tonight, I was close to giving in when we kissed in that water.

My god, he knows how to turn me on. I smiled reading his text and then flopped on the bed, ready to text him again when I hear a small tap in the window. "What the hell!" I whispered, getting off the bed. I was startled, but soon a huge smile came to my face as I see Nate lifting the window ever so slowly and climbing inside.

"Nate! What are you doing here?" I whispered, hoping no one would notice him. "I had to see you," he says before pulling me by the waist and claiming my lips. "God, I missed you so much. I don't know what you're doing to me, Mia... but I am so damn crazy about you!" he says, making me take steps back as he holds me by the waist until I hit the bed with the back of my knees.

"Oh, yeah? Are you sure you didn't just want to come over and keep teasing me? How dare you come looking so sexy with those sweatpants and tight-fitted t-shirt?" I whisper in his mouth as my hands rest on his chest. His chest rises up and down as he chuckles lightly. His deep dimples make his smile flawlessly beautiful.

"You think I'm sexy?" he asks, as his hands roam lower, down to my hips as he pulls me closer to him. "Very," I whisper, taking his mouth into mine. His tongue feels so good, so perfectly entangling mine. "You're sexy, Mia. You're the sexiest girl I have ever met," he says, pulling me up by my inner thighs and making me wrap my legs around him.

What can I say? He makes me crazy. I kiss his lips, and then place my head on his chest, feeling content.

We snuggle under the light covers and fall fast asleep in each other's arms.

(the next day)

I woke up to the sound of birds singing by the window, the sun was just starting to rise. Nate and I still lay in the same position as we had fallen asleep, making me feel so safe in his arms. But this morning I woke up with a bit of discomfort in my stomach. I didn't catch on right away until it hit me.

"Shit!" I said as I got up abruptly and ran to the restroom. "No!" I whine as I realized my worst monthly nightmare. I groaned, closing my eyes and tilting my head toward the ceiling. Mother nature took its course, I had gotten my period.

"Damn it!" I say, cleaning myself up, and well... you know the process. But I was going to be stuck for the next few days with bad cramps, a mood I can't stand myself, and cravings for chocolate and salty stuff.

"Mia. Are you ok, babe?" Nate asked, making me whine. "No... yes... maybe," I reply, making him pause.

"Is there anything I can do? What's wrong?" he asks, making me want to cry. He's so attentive to me, why is he such a sweetheart all the time? I don't deserve him.

"I'm fine. It's just..." I say, and I had no choice. I told him what was happening, and he just chuckled. He chuckled!

"Nate! It's not funny... I'm going to be in pain for the next few days, I hate it." I say, sighing. "You'll be fine, Mia. I'll take care of you, don't worry, ok? Listen, I gotta go out for a few minutes, I'll be back soon. You stay put. I'll call Grandpa, and tell him we can't make it in till later."

"What? No. Nate, it's fine, I can work."

"Mia, trust me. I know what I'm doing. Just... stay... I'll be back, ok?" he says, as I hear him moving around the room before the door opens. "Hi, Nate. Didn't know you slept here." my sister Audrey says, as she chuckled. "Uh, yeah. Just last night. I'll be back. Don't let Mia go anywhere, ok?"

"Ok. Where is she?" my sister asks, "She's in the bathroom. I'll be back." then I hear him running, and I am a mess in the bathroom, feeling pains in my stomach and back.

"Mia. Is everything alright?" she says, and then she gasps. "Oh, my god, Mia... did you and Nate?"

"NO, Audrey. We didn't... I'm on my period. God... this is horrible." I say, leaning forward as I hold my stomach.

"Oh, sweetie. Do you need a warm cup of tea?" she asks, as I feel the coldness of my stomach, and makes me have another cramp. "Please... I'd really appreciate it." I reply, making her chuckle. "Ok. I'll be back with your tea. Try and rest a little ok?" she says before heading out of the room.

A few minutes later, she returns with a warm cup of chamomile tea and places it on the counter. Then Nate comes in with a few bags filled with things. "Hi. How's my little ketchup packet doing? You ok, babe?" he says, making me chuckle.

"Nate. Ketchup packet, really?" my sister says, making us chuckle. "So... I got you these. I hope it helps," he says, placing the bags on the bed and rummaging through them.

"I got you some chocolate. Salt and vinegar chips. Midol. A few heating pads for your stomach," he says, making Audrey's mouth gawk open. It wasn't the first time I had my period around him, and he knows how bad my pains are.

But I still can't believe he knew exactly what to get me to comfort me. "Nate... you are such a sweetheart," Audrey says, making me adore him.

"So, I talked to Grandpa, he said we can have the weekend off. So, I guess I'll be staying the day here with you. How do movies and take-out sound? I figured we could start with a rom-com, or a comedy, whatever you want. Is that...ok?" he asks, looking between Audrey and me.

"It sounds amazing. But, are you sure your grandpa is ok with us missing our first day?"

"Yeah, he's fine. Oh, and... he says he'll send food for us later on for lunch. My mom sent you these too." he says, taking out a warm knitted blanket and a new pair of fuzzy slippers. "Oh, my god. Sophie is such a sweetheart." Audrey says, making me smile from ear to ear.

Last night may have been awful, with the whole Amanda thing, but today seemed promising despite my stomach discomfort and back pain. I took some of the medicine in my mouth swallowing it in one gulp of water, and even my sister ended up bringing breakfast for us to eat in the room.

Nate and I snuggled in the bed, watching movies until I ended up falling asleep again, while hugging him around his stomach.

🌸💖✨🌸💖✨🌸💖✨🌸💖✨🌸💖✨