Reality

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

Though Mia had high hopes of avoiding Nate, it became impossible to do so. The two spent all summer long. They went everywhere together, did everything together, and even slept over at each other's house. Now, before you get ahead of yourself, they never did the thing. They did nothing more than kiss here and there.

He knew he was falling madly in love with her, more than he already was. But- he was willing to give her space until she was ready to say yes to being his girlfriend. They became like best friends, glued by the hip; talked on the phone until late and even fell asleep while still talking to each other.

Mia wasn't ready to do anything else, and besides, she knew the school year was coming soon, and she had to face reality. He would probably go back to Andrea, and she would have no choice but to be placed back into the friend zone, where she thought she belonged. Boy- was she wrong.

✨✨✨✨✨

Mia

I wanted to enjoy my last night of summer with my friends and Nate, so I waited patiently, combing my hair as I finished getting ready for our last bonfire of the summer.

The honking of his car brought me out of my trance as I jolted with nervousness to my feet. "You have to tell him, Mia. Tell him how you feel. This doesn't have to end. You guys have become so attached. What if he wants to be more than friends? I mean, obviously, you do, but you will never know unless you ask him." I thought to myself.

Bailey ranted on about how she was so mad about our last bonfire. Some of the cheerleaders were giving her a hard time, and I swear if I ever saw them, I'd kick their ass. I don't know why Bailey doesn't stand up for herself. She's so much braver than she thinks.

I looked for my phone, putting on my jean jacket. I wore blue tight jeans with a black top and black converse. My hair was left loose and I finished off my look with light mascara, penciling in my eyebrows to make them look flawless. It was the only thing I ever did to my face, to be honest.

"Come on, they're here. We should go." Bay says, bringing me out of my trance. "Uhm, sure. Let's go." I say, walking right behind her. I was so surprised she spent all summer with us. She usually likes to be home, binge reading on a book series or watching Spanish telenovelas with Kate's grandma.

"We're leaving," Kate calls out as we make our way out the door. "Have fun. Don't be out too late. Call me if you're spending the night at someone else house." Audrey yells out as she sat in the living room with Steven, watching a movie.

We made it into Nate's SUV.  The girls and I sat in the back and I was surprised to see his friend Jordan back in town. "Jordan. Hi, how are you?" I said, smiling at him.

He turns with a bright smile, greeting us. "Hey, girls. I heard you're joining us this year. I can't wait. School is gonna be so much more fun with you guys there," he says, making me smile at him.

"You look beautiful, Mia. Glad you decided to come. We'll definitely have fun now." Nate says, making me blush.

"Hey, what about me, fucker?  I'm fun too." Jordan says, making us chuckle. The two always, make me laugh, but when they're together, it's a whole new thing. They are a riot.

"Yeah, but the thing is... you're not my type," he says, making him pout.

"Bitch. I'm everyone's type," he says, hitting Nate on his arm playfully. Nate chuckles, rubbing his shoulder acting as if it had really hurt. He looked dreamy, even with darkness his eyes glistened, and his smile made his dimples look so much sexier. He wore light blue jeans, a gray shirt with a matching hoodie, and his curly hair tossed back nicely.

"Oh, let me guess... You like their shirts, with long dark hair, light brown eyes, maybe with a name rhyming with Maya."

"Shut it, Joe, or I'll make your ass walk back home," Nate says making me blush. He looks at me from the rearview mirror, winking his eye, and making me blush.

He starts the car, and we drive off.  We make our way to the lake where we've spent all summer having fun. By the time we arrive, everyone invited is already there. There's music playing, teens dancing, and drinking everywhere. Some daring enough are still out swimming.

We sit in our usual spot, and Nate sits next to me as we chat away. Jordan goes and gets us drinks, but I am in no mood of drinking. I have been thinking all day about my trip tomorrow.

I'm going to see Sandra for the first time in a long time. After the first day of school is over, I'm hopping on an Uber and go to see her. I need to get all this off my chest and apologize to her. I just hope she can give me a chance this time. I went a few times to talk to her, but every time she refused to talk to me.

"Here ya go, Miss Miller." Jordan hands me a beer, but I politely decline. "Soda?" Nate says, handing me an orange-flavored soda. He knows it's my favorite, I take it and smile, tucking a loose strand of my hair behind my ear as I look away to avoid letting him see my blush.

Jordan shrugs and goes to take a seat next to Kenzie who blushes as he smiles at her. The attraction between them is so evident.

We sit there laughing, having a good time, and reminiscing on all the fun we had all summer long.

That is until I get up to use the bathroom. I make ky way back and see Andrea back in town. My heart sinks. She looks absolutely stunning. She's taller, and thinner, compared to my big thighs and C-cup boobs.

She's like one of those supermodels, thin as can be, but beautiful. Her dirty blonde hair hangs loose to her butt, and. She is almost on top of Nate, wearing nothing but a tiny black bikini with matching top.

I knew it was too good to be true as she softly lifts his chin and kisses his lips. She looks at me, giving me a wink making my insides churn. His back is toward me, so I know he can't see me, and it's a good thing. I can hide my shame, jealousy and tears as I look away and walk away toward the dock.

"God, I can't believe I was so stupid to believe he could be mine. He'll always belong to her. Always." I say as I keep walking away.

The night suddenly feels cold and lonely. The dock is dark, but I don't care. My heart aches too much to care as reality dawns on me too soon. I will always ONLY be... His friend. I sit there, crying as the image of her kissing him is too much to bear.

 I sit there, crying as the image of her kissing him is too much to bear

🦋✨🦋✨🦋✨🦋✨🦋✨🦋✨🦋✨🦋✨