Chapter 15

I walk into the school's weight lifting room and sigh.

I actually really like my outfit today. I'm wearing this white full sleeve top with some overalls. They got some rips in them but I'm wearing leggings underneath because I'm not a 7mara.

I'm also wearing a black hijab and I topped the look off with a white baseball hat.

I also put mascara on today too.

Coach gives me a look, "Why aren't you changed yet?"

Bruh pipe down I just got here.

"Coach I've had a busy day, I'm gonna change right now."

I submitted my application for UCLA and for a few back up schools.

I've been so worried about my future lately.

I have had some schools keep an eye on me but no one has made an offer for me to play for them.

If I was a kicker or had any other position I know they would have made me one.

But I'm a girl.

A girl quarterback.

There are so many guys out there who are stronger than me.

Taller.

Faster.

And even then let's say one of those schools make me an offer.

They just aren't UCLA.

"CHANGE NOW KHAN. I'm onto you, you have been slacking lately."

Slacking?

Slacking??????

Slacking????????

I usually don't lose my cool but something just snapped in me after hearing that.

"I HAVE TRIED MY HARDEST. NOT JUST WITH THIS SPORT, NOT JUST IN THE GYM, AND NOT JUST WITH MY DIET. BUT ALSO IN SCHOOL, DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO TAKE THE CLASSES THAT I AM TAKING?"

I take a deep breath and lower my tone because I see the look on his face, "And on top of that getting perfect grades. Yet still I'm not enough for you, for my family, or for anyone else."

Great now I just proved to everyone that "women are emotional."

Ugh.

He's gonna for sure kick me out.

I look around the room and see all the boys just looking at us, okay this is awkward.

To my surprise coach chuckles and points at me, "Now I just saw your sister in you."

Huh?

"I'm sorry coach I don't know what got into me, this is so not me." I say as a play with my fingers.

"Nah this is exactly how you are with me." Moe calls out which causes me to naturally scowl at him.

Coach does a hand motion which signaled for me to follow him and we head to his office.

"Have a seat."

I plop down on one of the chairs and coach takes a seat right across.

"Listen kid... you are more than enough. The reason why I am the way that I am is because I see something in you."

He points to his hall of fame wall in his office which contained students who used to go to this school. A lot of them ended up making it to the NFL. 

"You think I just let any of these little shits off easy?"

I shook my head, "No sir."

"Now you are my star athlete. Now I know you are overwhelmed over college and college coaches, but don't be. Put in the work and that's what gonna make you end up here." He then points to the wall.