Chapter 3

"SABAH AL KHAIR (Good Morning)." I hear a voice scream which causes me to awake from my sleep.

It takes me a few minutes for me to fully open my eyes and when I do, I notice it's my sister.

"What the heck man? I was sleeping, why did you wake me up?" I groan as I turn to the side.

"You have a game in a few hours silly, start getting ready." She says as she points to the clock.

Shit it's 3, I gotta be there by 4:30.

I decided to take a nap after coming hime from school.

"When did you get here?" I ask her as I rub my eyes, I turn to look in the mirror and honestly ew.

Why do I look like that?

My hair is all over the place right now.

"I got here 10 minutes ago."

I grab a scrunchie from my side table and pull my curly ass hair into a bun.

"Are the kiddos here?" I ask and she nods.

Yay! I honestly love it when they come over.

"Let's go sleepy head."

We use the elevator to go down to the first floor.

My family moved into an even bigger house last summer.

Not sure why because both Adam and Sophia have their own houses.

But then again they always stay over.

So I guess he figured that they would do that and decided to buy another one.

As soon as the doors open, I hear two little voices scream.

"AUNT ZARA!!!!"

Both Anaya and Ali come over to hug me.

"How are you little shayatin? (devils)"

My mom rolls her eyes, "Habibti they are not shayatin don't say that."

Sophia gives her a look and says, "Oh yes they are, you just see them as being angels."

"We aren't bad." Ali says while giving puppy eyes and I kiss his forehead.

"You guys are good, I'm just teasing you."

"How's tacky zacky?" I ask Sophia and she sighs, "After all these years you still call him that?"

I gave him that nickname when I was like 4. It honestly suits him.

"Yes, now answer the question."

She rolls her eyes and says, "He's okay zar zar."

"Tell him to come over, what's he even doing?" I ask and she takes out her phone.

"I'll text him and ask."

I turn to my mom and ask, "Are baba and Adam going to also come to my game?" I ask and she takes a seat on one of the couches.

"I know your baba is but I don't know about Adam, you should text him."

I take out my phone to text Adam.

"Hey loser, are you coming to my game?"

It takes him a minute to respond but he replies back with, "Sorry kiddo, I can't come today. I'll try to come over tomorrow though with Layla + the kids. Good luck though, you got this! I'll be watching from the TV."

I get it, it's a Friday night he's definitely busy.

"I'm sorry Zara, Zack can't make it. Adam can't either because they both have a meeting."