Chapter 24

The ride is extremely quiet. Neither one of us decide to speak.

THUMP.

My body jerks forward, "What the hell was that?"

I hear the sound of air hissing.

He curses under his breath in Arabic and pulls over.

I get out the car and see that there's a puncture in one of the tires.

"F*cking Michigan roads." He says as he places his hands on his head.

"Do you have a replacement tire?" I ask and he gives me a look.

"Where would I get a tire?"

I roll my eyes, "Okay chill, just call the rental company. They definitely have roadside assistance."

He takes a deep breath and takes out his phone to dial their number.

I lean against the car and sigh.

What is my luck?

I should've just stayed on campus. Why did I agree to go with him?

I could've had a iced caramel macchiato and a cake pop and called it a day.

"Well tell them to hurry up, it's cold and we can't just leave this car here or oh do you want us to stand here and freeze to death?." I hear him yell.

Yikes.

I go back inside of the car.

Just because he's standing outside doesn't mean I'm going to stand too and let myself freeze.

I'm going to enjoy this nice toasty heat that is on blast.

I take out my phone and click on the Roblox app.

Okay don't judge me Roblox can actually be super fun.

I click on one of the obby games and then stare at my phone as the screen loads.

"Are you seriously playing Roblox right now?" I glance over at him and he rubs his hands.

"What else do you want me to do? We're stuck here." He rolls his eyes and paces back and forth.

The cold air enters the car and I groan, "Can you at least close the door? You can stand outside in the cold but I'm going to enjoy this nice warm toasty car."

He makes a face and then goes inside of the car and shuts the door.

"Any other woman would be comforting a man in this type of situation. Meanwhile here's you just sitting here and playing Roblox."

Comforting?

Go buy yourself a pet if you want something to comfort you.

"Yeah well buy a cat if you want comfort." I say as I try to jump from one obstacle to another.

"Buy? You mean adopt?" He says which causes my character to fall off the course.

He is annoying.

"Ugh you made me die."

He takes the phone from me and my eyes widen, "Hey give it back!"

"Man how old are you?" He says as he starts playing the game and I fold my arms.

You're literally playing this game now so I guess we're both toddlers.

I try to snatch my phone back but he grabs onto my hand.

I try to yank both my hand and my phone from his grip but man is he strong.

I use my other hand to hit hit shoulder and he lets go, "Ouch."