Family

Edward tightens his grip on the handle bar as continues his pull ups. He exhales on every pull, expanding his back and firming the muscle.

Music blasts through his headphones distracting him from his thoughts.

The one thing or person on his mind

He's been working out for about an hour and somehow hasn't run out of energy.

Sweat runs down his body, finding trails between the valleys of his muscles. His veins pushing through the skin, causing women to stop and stare.

Edward drops from the machine, making eye contact with one. She bites her finger and twists her body seductively but he just shakes his head and looks away.

Edward feels a tap in his shoulder. He turns and see Syphax gesturing his to take off his headphones.

Pulling the device down, the noise of the gym hits him all at once before he is able to focus on his friend.

"What's up?"

Syphax wipes his hands and sits on the bench.

"So we not gonna talk about it?"

"About what?"

"You denying women"

"Denying them what?"

"You"

Edward rolls his eyes and goes to spot Syphax on the bench. Syphax grips the bar and lifts before doing reps. Edward keeps a keen eye on him.

"Maybe I'm not trying to stick my dick in just anyone. Maybe I think it's time start focusing on one woman."

They place the bar back on the rack and Syphax sits up

"Would that woman happen to be pregnant and engaged?"

Edward sucks his teeth

"Don't start"

Syphax throws his hands up in surrender and chuckles

"I'm just saying a blind man could see that you're trying to get with her."

"It's not like that."

"Then what is it like?"

Edward stops for a moment. It sucks that he had to meet her when she is pregnant and engaged but why couldn't anyone understand that pregnancy isn't what made Robin beautiful to him.

She is intriguing. Is he supposed to pretend to be blind just because she has a round stomach? Pregnancy doesn't take nor add to who she is as a person.

As far as her being engaged...

Meh

"I'm trying to stay away."

"By denying pussy?"

"One thing doesn't have to connect to the other."

Syphax gives Edward a look. Edwards sighs knowing his friend doesn't believe him

"I'm trying to stay away because there are 7 billion people in the world and I'm sure there a woman out there just for me."

Even as the words are leaving his mouth, Edward doesn't believe what he's saying fully. He can't shake this feeling that Robin is the one BUT he has to respect that he's just too late

Syphax looks at his friend of ten years and sighs. He's never seen Edward like this but he isn't going to comment.

It's not his business