Chapter One | My Birthday

• • • •

• • • •

Turning 17 was not fun. It wasn't fun because I had no friends, It wasn't fun because my father is in jail and my brothers are working.

The only one who tried to convince me to celebrate it, is my best friend Serena.

Serena McKenna.

That bitch.

"Come onnnn! Jake, Terry and Claire is out all night, they won't know anyways!" Serena whined.

Oh yeah, my birthday was on a Friday, which is why Serena tried to convince me to go clubbing with her.

Fucking 17 years old.

"Nooooo, he will kill me" I retort and cross my arms. Serena pouts with her big plump lips she was so famous for.

"Not gonna work on me" I retort coldly.

"I know a good place, come on" Serena begged.

"Drinks are on me!" Serena tried to lure me into her schemes and it happened way too often.

I liked quiet, safe surroundings and nothing that demanded social interaction.

I was a nerd, being nearly oversized, shy, anxious and wore big reading glasses.

I really didn't understand why Serena was friends with me. She was gorgeous having already gotten her hot curves, puberty did her good.

My case was another.

"No, I wouldn't fit in, Serena" I argue with her. I already knew how this was gonna go.

"Alright, wait—what if I give you a major makeover for the night? You can return to your nerdy look afterwards" Serena said while rubbing her hands excitedly.

"Gee thanks, Serena" I retort with an eye roll.

"Fine. Just for tonight" I tell her and she cheers loudly in victory before starting.

She curls my hair and does my makeup, she somehow convinces me to wear a pair of tight leather pants, a see through black lace long sleeve and a black lace bralette underneath.

I was so uncomfortable. I hated it already.

"These heels will go perfectly for you" Serena gasped before grabbing my leg without warning, I stumble and almost fall as she puts the shoe in my foot.

"Oh my god! You are freakishly strong!" I hiss at her and she shoots me a grin as she finishes before telling me to straighten up.

"We're taking my car, come on" Serena said excitedly before grabbing my arm.

I didn't even have a chance to see myself in the mirror. I grab my phone hurriedly before trying to keep up with her.

I lock the front door to our house before climbing into Serena's Ford Fiesta.