Chapter Eleven | Jealousy

• • • •

• • • •

"We kissed, Rena. I'm so embarrassed! I saw the regret on his face. What am I gonna do?" I pace back and forth in front of her as she sat on my bed, watching me pace.

"I don't know...but stop pacing you're making me dizzy" she comments and I stop and scoff in defeat.

"What the hell do I do? Do you think he told Jake?" I ask her nervously.

"No, that's for sure—otherwise Jake would've locked you inside your room" Serena says casually.

I groan and throw myself in my bed next to her.

"What do I do?" I ask her. "Well if it's eating you up, tell your brother, but otherwise I say keep it to yourself and just see what Marcus does and play it off of that" Serena says and shrugs.

"You're right, it was nothing. It was a mistake. I was drunk" I say and trying to convince myself.

"Yeah, you were—but he wasn't and it was him who kissed you" Serena retorts with a small laugh.

"Don't make me think things, Rena" I whine and she giggles.

"It's not that bad, actually it is—you've been crushing on the guy for years, he's 21 and you're 17" Serena notes in realization.

"Thanks for the reminder" I retort and glare at her, she throws herself back on my bed as well and smiles.

"Girls night?" She asks and I nod. "Girls night" I confirm.

"Hey, you two" Terry called out as he kicked my door open. "We're going to Santiago's. Come on" Terry called out, Claire smirked behind him.

"And you want us to come with you?" I ask confused. We're still only 17.

"Yeah, Jake's orders. Come on" Terry called out. "We leave in 10" Claire said and smiled at us.

We hurriedly got ready. I wore black jeans and a plain white T-shirt with a pair of sneakers.

I didn't let Serena give me a makeover, which she gave me hell about.

"Come on" I tell her for the fifth time.

She cursed before grabbing her purse. I grab my leather jacket and run downstairs with Serena hot on my heels.

"We're ready" I call out and Jake turns to us. "Finally. Let's go" He says and we follow Terry and Claire outside.

"You two are driving with Claire" Jake calls out and I see Claire drove her own car.

We get in and I sit in the front with her, I turn up the music and Claire smirks.

"Let's race them there" She says, before taking off before Terry and Jake was ready.

We laugh as we drive away from them, it doesn't take long for Jake and Terry to catch up.