Chapter Four | Drifting

• • • •

• • • •

"I saw you last Saturday with Dax Johnson" Marcus suddenly as I was doing homework in the living room.

I raised an eyebrow. It was Tuesday and now he brings that up?

"Okay?" I question and look up at him in confusion.

I push my glasses back up and make it clear to him I didn't understand what he was getting at.

"He's one of our biggest rivals. You shouldn't get involved with him" Marcus says and shrugs carelessly.

"Okay. I'll remember your suggestion" I say and look back down at my laptop.

"Suggestion? Let's make it clear that if I tell Jake what I saw—it won't just be a suggestion" Marcus says and leans forward onto the couch I'm sitting on and he leans down.

"Okay" I say. I was too star struck to say anything else to him. I felt his breathing on my neck.

Shivers shot down my spine and I mentally cursed myself for being so in love with the idiot, that even my body was crumbling by his stupid breath on my skin.

"Stay away from Dax. If I hear anything, I will tell Jake about it" Marcus says while leaning further down to see my face.

I look down and nod hurriedly. He chuckles dryly before leaving to Terry's room.

I leaned back in the couch and I rubbed my face. God, why did I have to like those green eyes.

The green eyes with the perfectly styled brunette hair, messy but styled look always.

His ripped body and tattoos made me crumble just by the thought of feeling his skin on mine.

To see all of his tattoos, to trace them with my fragile fingers.

The things I would do for him if he asked.

I groaned loudly and throw myself back in the couch. I called Serena and told her I had to get out of here.

She raced up to our house within two minutes and honked crazily.

"Alex! Where are you going?" Jake shouted after me as I ran out to Serena's car.

"Out!" I shout back and he rolls his eyes before waving me off as I get in her car.

"Turn up the music" I tell her and she smirks before doing a wheel spin in front of our house as she takes off.

I laugh as I see Marcus coming out with Terry behind him.

I answered Dax' texts. He was flirting with me, I found it hard to believe, but after overanalyzing it and showing it to Serena, it was concluded that he was indeed flirting with me.

"Let's go to McDonald's" Serena says and I nod. She pulls up and we order what would be our dinner.

We find an empty parking lot and eat it there in peace. "Show me what Claire taught you!" She suddenly cheers.