Chapter Seven | Schemes

• • • •

• • • •

Monday came too soon once again. I made my way through the halls, trying to hide my face, basically just to hide my existence in hopes that it wouldn't piss any of my bullies off today.

A hand gripped onto my hood and pulled me back.

I was wrong for being hopeful.

"Where are you going? I told you not to walk in the same hall at the same time as us!" Daisy's annoyingly high voice chirped.

I sighed as she shoved me into the lockers. I turned to her and she scrunched her nose.

"Ew someone actually touched you? Poor them" Daisy retorted and pointed at my bruise across my cheek bone.

I just waited for her to be done, or Serena to arrive so she could step in.

"Are you gonna cry? Does it hurt when I do this?" Daisy mocked and flicked her fingers at my bruise.

A stinging painful feeling erupted in my face and I clenched my eyes shut.

Before I knew what I was doing, I grabbed her wrist as she was about to do it again.

"Fuck. Off!" I snap at her. She gasps as I had touched and cursed at her as well.

I shove her and her wrist back and she gasped dramatically.

"I will end you, Lowell. Don't think you'll be walking out when school is done" Daisy threatened and I glared at her.

"You know what Daisy? I feel sorry for you. With all these friends around, you're still so insecure that you have to pick on other people. I feel fucking sorry for you, Daisy" I retort.

The hall went quiet and I saw Serena run up to us in the corner of my eyes.

"You're dead" Daisy hissed at me. I glared at her in response and she took a step forward only for the bell to ring.

Signaling that we had classes to get to.

Serena pulled me away by the edge of my hoodie and I let her. "What the hell happened back there?!" She half shouts excitedly.

"She flicked me in the face right on my cheek" I say and point to the now red irritated skin around the bruise.

"Oh what a psychotic bitch" Serena gasps in disbelief.

She pulls me into our first class and we sit in the back as always. We mind our own business during the day and we stick together.

When school was over, it was that time where we couldn't avoid Daisy anymore.

She stood in front of us, tapping her foot impatiently, with crossed arms and pink sunglasses on.

To make the picture clearer she flipped her dirty blonde hair back.