Chapter Three | Monday's a bitch

• • • •

• • • •

I held my head from falling into the desk, I was so sleepy. The last days of the weekend I had researched racing of all kinds and I even tried to find a place to try some tricks in my car.

"Hey, you're sleeping again" Serena whispered. My eyes fluttered open and I cleared my throat.

"Mrs. D is so boring. I can't believe it" I whined in a whisper. Serena nodded her head in agreement.

My phone chimed once again, I had gotten a text an hour ago, but I didn't think of it till now when another one chimed in.

I slid my phone out and saw who texted me, it was Dax and Jake.

Jake:
Hey, I might be a little late from picking you up, your car is not finished yet.

Dax:
Hey, haven't heard from you since Saturday. Did I scare you off?

Jake's message made me shrug while Dax' made me blush a bit.

Serena nudged my arm and I looked up at her. "Who's making you blush like that? Is it Marcus again? You stalking his Instagram again?" Serena rambled.

I glared at her in response.

"No, I met someone this weekend. He asked for my number, now he's texting me this" I say and show her.

"Dax? Hmm, bad boy name, delicious! Fuck him. Literally—fuck him!" Serena said a little too loud at the last end of her sentence.

"Serena!" Mrs. D. Gasped and she smiled sheepishly.

"I am trying to prepare you for your finals, young lady!" Mrs. D. gasped.

"And you're doing great!" Serena praised her, she smiles proudly, before resuming to her boring teaching. She didn't realize Serena was being sarcastic at all, the students around us laughed a little.

"You're embarrassing me" I mumble and try to hide my face. "Oh shut it. Bring him home—wait no, scratch that. Bring him somewhere else and fuck him" Serena encouraged me.

I cringed and gave her a disgusted look.

"No! Are you crazy? I'm not just gonna hand it out to anyone I meet?" I say and she giggles.

"I'm just helping you lose your virginity, babe" Serena whispers and I hit her shoulder.

"I don't need your help. It will happen when it happens" I whisper shout at her.

She put her hands up in surrender before pretending to focus on Mrs. D.

I pulled my phone back up and I started to write back to Dax.

Alexandra:
No, don't worry. I've been busy :)

As soon as I sent the text I cringed at my smiley. I sounded like I had a hard and busy life, like I was popular, when all I had done the rest of the weekend was to research about racing.