Chapter Two | The Race

• • • •

• • • •

"Saturday night is the most busiest and important night of the week, this is where all the big races are held" Terry rambled excitedly as we all made our way to the motorcycles.

"Shut up, Terry. Get on, Alex. You're riding with me" Jake said and I obeyed.

I put on the familiar helmet, Jake smirked back at me as he didn't have to guide me at all.

I got on behind him and secured my arms around his waist. Claire got on behind Terry and revved the engine before speeding down our street.

The dark had barely settled, Jake drove to Marcus' house where we would meet up with him and some of his and Jake's friends.

Suddenly we were a crew of eleven people in total, riding in motorcycles.

Marcus walked over to his motorcycle and scoffed as he saw it was me. "You're bringing her, to the races?"  Marcus asked Jake, I frowned at the emphasis on 'her', I looked down, even with my helmet on Jake knew it had hurt me.

"Don't be a cunt about it. Get going, we're late" Jake retorted. I frowned and Jake knocked his helmet back into mine gently.

"Don't think about it" Jake said and I nodded slowly. We all took off and Jake pulled up at the underground parking lot. Three stories down.

I was surprised, in awe, in love! Beautiful cars were parked, then came the old motorcycles, sport motorbikes and it was filled with people!

"What is this?" I ask Jake in awe. "You like?" Jake asks with a laugh at my reaction.

He knew just from my tone that I did like it.

"Do you race?" I ask as everyone parks near each other. I get off and take off the helmet and place it on Jake's motorcycle.

"I do, Terry and Marcus as well, Claire does a little too but with her car" Jake says and I nod taking it all in.

"Hey man! Who's the fat chick?" A guy shouted to Jake and Terry.

"Fuck off, Cam" Terry shouted and the guy laughed crazily. I looked down, ignoring the pitiful glances the guys gave me.

"Let's see how the races are lined up tonight" Jake says and pull me with him, Terry and Claire follows as well.

Claire put her arm around my shoulder and pulled me into her side. "Don't think about that jerk, you're not fat" Claire said in my ear and I nodded slowly.

"Do you want me to teach you how to race?" Claire asked with a wiggle of her eyebrows.

I looked to my right and saw a race starting, two cars racing down the parking lot.

Everyone cheered and danced to the music playing, it was wild but somehow calming.

"Yes, please" I say quietly to her and she laughs before smiling.