Chapter Thirteen | Date Night

• • • •

• • • •

This entire week of school we had more preparations for our finals, in two weeks we would start the finals.

It was now Thursday, I got dressed as I waited for Dane to pick me up, I had proceeded to ignore Marcus all week, whenever we were in the same room together, suddenly we would argue and my brothers were tired of it.

I told Claire everything and so she shot him daggers everytime she saw him.

Serena as well, I stayed over at hers for most of the week, but she had a lot going on as well.

A motorcycle honked and I grabbed my phone and ran downstairs. "Bye!" I shout out as I made a run for the door.

But a body blocks me, I look up and see Jake with crossed arms. "Where are you going?" He asks with a stern look.

He sees my outfit and scoffs. "It's a school night, Alex. Go back upstairs" Jake says.

"It's fine, I'm just going out with some friends, I won't be back late, I promise" I say and Jake tilts his head and he nods with a sigh.

"You're just gonna let her go?" Terry asks surprised. Then I see Marcus behind him, I scoff at the sight of him before turning to Jake.

"You know that's Dane out there picking her up" Marcus says before leaning against the doorway. I clench my jaw and resist the urge to scream at him.

"What are you doing with Dane?" Jake asks me. "Nothing, we're friends if you didn't forget" I retort with an eyeroll.

"A friend she disappeared with for an entire night" Marcus added from the sideline.

"You done?" I snap at him. He makes a mocking face at me as he crosses his arms, while leaning agaisnt the doorway.

"I will be fine, I won't be home late. Okay?" I say to Jake. "Fine, call if you need anything" Jake says and I nod before going past him, but not before flipping Marcus my middle finger.

Terry and Claire snorts, while the other two remains quiet. I run out and get on Dane's motorcycle behind him.

"Hey, Beautiful" Dane says with a soft smile. He was cute.

"Hey, Dane" I say and take the helmet he handed me, I put it on before wrapping my arms around his waist.

"You ready?" Dane asks and I nod. "Yup" I say popping the 'p'. I smile as he takes off, I felt a bit more free with Dane.

Dane pulled up at his friends house, I was confused, his friend was having a big party. I was not ready for that, in any way. It's a thursday..

"We'll just stop by here for a bit, if that's okay?" He asks and I nod as he turns to see my response.

"Sure" I say and get off. I pulled my leather jacket closer as well as the hoodie I wore undernearth.

Dane slips his hand into mine and I blush a bit, before letting him take me inside.