Chapter 5

The sun was ready for spreading it's shine all over the city. It was 5 in the morning when Avni woke up rubbing her eyes and got up with a frown on her face. She looked all over the room and saw Neil and remembered everything what he said last night.

Then she got up and went to freshen up as it was her first day after marriage so she was required to make breakfast for her in-laws.

She came out after 45 mins after being fresh and then went into the kitchen.

Avni entered the kitchen and stood near the slab.

Avni: What should I make for breakfast? Neil was saying once that mom dad loves 'Aaloo ka Paratha' so I would make that but what should I make to eat with that? Umm Curd maybe ..(saying this she checks in the fridge and found Curd there and took it out to come on room temperature)... Then she starts preparing breakfast.

She was making the parathas when she remembered.

Avni: Oh shit I forgot, I have to so make some sweet. What should I make??

Then she went into flashback.

Flashback:

AvNeil are talking over on phone.

Avni: Neil what are you doing??

Neil: Avni I am eating Kheer.

Avni: Ufff You and your love for Kheer? Sometimes I doubt you love me more or your that kheer.

Neil: Avni obviously I love kheer more.

Avni: Neilll(angrily)

Neil(laughing):Okayy I am sorry I love you more. But Avni listen, I know you can't make anything else other than coffee but please atleast learn to make kheer. After marriage if I wished to have kheer so you can make it and give to me right.

Avni: Okayy I will think about it.

Neil: Okay, listen I will call you once the kheer is finished.

Saying this Neil cuts the call.

Avni smiles.

Avni: This Neil and his love for Kheer.

She shook her head.

Flashback ends.

Avni comes out of the flashback and starts preparing kheer for the family.

At 9:00 a.m.

Shweta comes out handling her dupatta when she saw some utensils on the dining table and sees Avni keeping some bowl on the table.

Shweta: Avni, child.

Avni: Good morning mom.

Shweta: Good morning,but why did you make breakfast alone? I would have helped you.

Avni: It's okay mom. I have made it.

Shweta: By the way, the smell is really delicious. What you have made?

Avni: Now that is a surprise. Let everyone come then I'll show you.

Shweta: Oh, okay.

And at the same time Prakash enters.

Prakash: What okay? Tell us also.

Avni: Good morning dad.

Prakash: Good morning child. But what talk was going on between the the daughter-in-law and the mother-in-law?

Shweta: Nothing, Avni made a surprise breakfast for us, that was the only talk going.

Prakash: Ohh.. What you've made? The smell is really nice and delicious. Please tell us now.

Avni: Okay come I will tell you or rather show you.

Then they go towards the table and settle down.

Avni: Now close your eyes and don't open till I ask you both to do so.

Shweta & Prakash smiles and close their eyes saying okay.

Then Avni serves the parathas and curd in their plate.

Avni: Yes now open your eyes slowly at the count of 3. So.. 1...2....3. open your eyes.

Shweta and Prakash opens their eyes and sees Paratha.

Prakash: Paratha?? Wow yesss wow. You know child 'Paratha' Is mine and Shweta's favorite dish.

Shweta: Yes true.

Avni(smiles): Yes, okay now please eat and tell how it is made?

They eat.

Prakash: Woooowww child, it is really tasty.

Shweta: Yes very tasty.

Avni smiles.

On the other side Neil opens his eyes and wakes up from his beauty sleep(🤣).

Neil wakes and goes to freshen up and then after 15 mins comes out and goes down for breakfast.

Neil: Mom good morning.

Prakash: Hmm, see Mr. VIP got up.

Shweta: Good morning child.

Neil: Good morning Dad(hugging him from behind)

Avni is in the kitchen that time preparing for kheer by adding some dry fruits in it.

Prakash: Good morning. Come now sit for breakfast.

Neil: Yes by the what is for breakfast? Oh my god aaloo ke parathe.

Then Neil takes the parathas and curd in his plate and haves one bite.

Neil: Ummmm mom wahhh What taste? It is really very tasty mom.

Shweta: I didn't make it Neil.

Neil: Mom, if you will not make it who else can make it?

At the same time Avni enters with the bowl of kheer and puts in on the table.

Shweta: Avni made it.

Neil: Whatttttt???😲😲

.........................................................................

Love Love☺️