five

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

'  𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐  'Eve's Resident  ━━━━𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐊New York, NY

' 𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐 '
Eve's Resident  ━━━━
𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐊
New York, NY .ᐟ

❛ I'M  SO  SERIOUS. ❜

"Imani when I tell you from the bottom of my heart I hate interviews, I hate interviews I just can't do it." Mary's thick Yonkers accent spoke out with a grimace as Imani tried not to laugh.

Imani and Mary decided to hang out after not seeing each other in a while due to Imani being in the studio most of the time and Mary being busy with her thriving career.

Currently at Imani's place—well Eve's place. Imani's just staying there for the time being. The two women easily conversed in a never-ending conversation which only made them closer as it continued.

As for Eve, the workaholic was busy like any other day with handling business meetings, scheduling, appointments, and just everything important in general.

"Mary I'm sure it's not that bad." She's heard of the ridiculous questions that interviewers ask and wonders who in their right minds would ask that but that's how show business is right?

Scoffing Mary answered, "Not bad—these interviewers will look you dead in your face and ask you the stupidest question that'll have you questioning your sanity...trust me I've been there." Mary didn't have the most pleasant track record when it came to interviews hence why she had her taking etiquette classes to help better her public speaking skills.

"I work my ass off and this is the bullshit that you're asking me?" One thing Mary did do was keep things as real as they should be. She wasn't the type to put on some fake image to please people and would be the last person to ever do it "Please, I'd rather just skip interviews entirely, I'm here to make music, not have people ask me questions they already know the answer to."

Taking a sip of her drink, Imani nods in agreement "I just hope that I don't encounter those kinds of interviewers 'cause there's only so much a person can take."

Mary let out a sigh "Girl I'm letting you know right now that you'll always end up having to deal with an ignorant person, especially in the industry."

"Anyways enough about interviewers, how's the album coming along cause you have been in that studio day and night." Imani's been working her ass off in that studio and was sure that sleep hasn't been an option for her recently, but she knows that it'll work in the end.

"It's been pretty good honestly, the album's coming along great so that's a good thing—It's like magic whenever me and DeVanté's in the studio—but I ain't gon say too much cause I wanna surprise y'all." She teases to which Mary laughs.

"Alright, alright I won't ask too much, but you gotta let me know who you get your nails done to cause it's hot." Mary pointed out Imani's nails that had intricately drawn designs on them.

"Oh these, I got em done by my sister's friend Maria she's dope." One thing about Imani is that she will have her nails done and have them a little longer too. From the moment she went to college, she's been dipping more and more into her style and what she likes and dislikes.

Mary let out a chuckle "Well give Maria my number cause she did her thing." Mary also loved to get her nails done and would always have them in top shape no matter the circumstances "And your sister got a nice crib."

Eve lived in a rather well-off place in New York since she moved there about a year ago, so it made Imani's plan of going to Uptown Records much easier.

"I know and I'll let you know about Maria when I see her." Imani says before looking at the clock "Dang it's already four in the afternoon."

"We've been talking for that long." Mary glances at the clock as well not believing it. it's crazy how a twenty-minute conversation can turn into a whole four hours.

"Imma be real honest, Mary you are one cool chick. you stay keeping it real and I appreciate you taking the time to get to know me despite us having a rough start at first." It came out genuine as Imani truly did mean what she said. she enjoyed Mary's company.

Mary's face seemed to brighten as a smile grew wide on her lips "That's sweet of you to say, I appreciate it." that's a first coming from someone who's only known Mary in such a short time, normally people would label her as rude, or abrasive so it was refreshing to know that Imani didn't see her that way.

"I'll be honest too, I thought you were some man stealing ass hoochie until I got to know you. You're sweet, country as hell has a great ear for music especially the classics—like girl you grew up in church and know about Donna Summer—I hope wherever we aren't as busy we have the time to hang out like this because I enjoy your company and you have to meet my girl misa hylton, she's an amazing stylist," she concludes her sentence and that is all it took for the two to end up hugging one another.

Pulling away Mary's expression then grew serious "But here's some advice from someone who's a little bit older and experienced a little bit of life." Her tone comes out in a sibling-like manner "And who's also in the industry—be careful. There will always be a time where you'll encounter a wolf in sheep's clothing."

Imani nodded taking note "I'll keep that in mind, thank you." Not everyone was your friend, and now that she was making her way in the industry she was bound to act more carefully.

They talked a bit more, dipping into the subjects of life and feeling content as they became friends at the end. Little did they know that they'd end up leaning on each other as the years went by only solidifying the relationship even more.