twenty-five

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕E

'  𝐖𝐄𝐃𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟏, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐  'Broadway Dance Center ━━━━𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄, 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄, 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄New York, NY

Broadway Dance Center ━━━━
𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄, 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄, 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄
New York, NY .ᐟ

❛ AGAIN. ❜

Imani's body moved along to the music, her lips twisting with fluency that'll leave the average person growing dizzy. Her lips mumbled the steps, she remembered watching the other dancers with incredible intensity as she mentally took notes in his brain. October came and went with the rather eventful Halloween get-together but soon after life kicked in and Imani was busier than ever but that didn't put a stop to her love life. She felt like a kid in the candy store with these new feelings and blossoming relationships and was more than happy. And now that she was learning a new choreography for her song You Want This Imani began to see the brighter side of things.

Tina wasn't there for today since she had something really important to attend to which left Imani being somewhat in charge.

With a camera prompt up on one of the tables, it captured everything, from the frustrations, the raw moments, dancing, and to little inputs everyone put. It was for MTV just a little homemade behind the scenes to give a little bit more authenticity.

"Wait everybody stop!" Imani yelled, she snapped at one of the dancers who quickly pressed pause. The dancers immediately complied, looking towards the female with an adrenaline-filled gaze "Somethin's off. I think some of y'all are rushing through everything. Just let the moves marinate since it's all new."

Amanda who decided to speak up lifts a hand, her multi-colored hair sticking on her skin like taffy "How are we supposed to let it marinate? The song is too fast, you and Tina want us to do all of this. I'm just saying it's too much." She jumped in, looking at her with slight annoyance.

"It's not that the music's hard you're just not letting the music come to you. You'd rather watch than listen and feel the music." Imani answered smartly. Her noticeable growth in confidence took the woman by surprise who grew quiet.

"Amanda you just gotta listen and see." Mya chimes in with a pointed gaze. She sat on the floor while her palms rested on her hips. Sitting beside her were Katrina and Dion.

"Again." She points, and the same dancer presses play. She watches the others with an unreadable expression, observing to see if they can hear the sound of chimes teasing underneath the energized tempo "Ya'll hear it?" Imani questioned, her head moving along in sync with the music.

"I think so," Amanda mumbled, although somewhat offbeat she was getting the rhythm a little. Imani cracked a smile in satisfaction, turning around the face of the mirror she breathed out "I ain't no Tina so just bear with me and follow along to the speed, alright?" She gave up a thumbs up to which they responded with a loud yes!

Although they had some bumps along the road they were fairly doing good. Practice and getting familiar with the choreography was a bit of a challenge for some but with frequent practicing Imani thinks they'll get it in no time.

"I'm guessing that rehearsals are now officially over Imani the choreographer," Eve said, sneaking up behind her as she proceeded to gather all of her items.

"I wouldn't say that I'm a choreographer but I'm tryin'." She responded, with a small shrug. Sure she'll put in her input now and then and point out the obvious but she was far from the pros "I'll just leave the pros to handle it all." Just as Eve was about to say something, Imani's beeper vibrated with a message. Pulling it own she read the message only for a small smile to naturally appear, quickly responding. She shoved it in her jacket pocket while her sister looked at her with a questioning gaze.

"Who's that?" She asked curiously, eyeing her sister. Every time that beeper would be vibrating off the hook with some message that'll have her either quietly laughing or smiling. Eve wasn't sure what it was but would find out eventually.

"Just some producers at the studio, you know how that goes." She answers cooly while avoiding her sister's gaze in the process.

Not necessarily believing it Eve nods nonetheless "Right...anyways you wanna come to join me for lunch? I know it's been a while since we've hung out and it'll just give some time to catch a breather while talking about some important things.—"

"Oh! Actually, I would love to but um I sorta have a thing," Imani responded, her voice slipping out with lies. She already promised to meet up with DeVanté, and naturally, she wanted to see him. Both being deep within their careers made seeing each other not a priority. So of course she wasn't about to let anything stop her.

"And what's that thing?" Eve asked, quickly hiding her disappointment with a thin smile.

Clearing her throat Imani answers "Um, something important," She responded, a hand reaching to grab her duffel bag "With Slim."

Yes, she may have dragged Slim into her lie but she knew that Slim would have her back because who do you think got her out of little trouble throughout high school?

Scanning her face for any hint of deception, Eve raised an eyebrow "Okay," The female mumbled, narrowing her eyes as if she wasn't convinced. "I'll just have to reschedule the reservation then." She mumbled.

Imani nodded, trying her best to change the subject into something that didn't involve her "So yeah."

"Yeah," Eve muttered, her eyes still moving with doubt, she had a feeling that her sister was lying "Well go enjoy your thing."

She watches as her sister swiftly grabs her things and then leaves the studio. With a raised eyebrow, she then concludes what she was going to do next because one thing she did know was that her sister was a bad liar.

A terrible one at that, ever since they were kids she couldn't lie even if it benefited her.

The question is why did she feel the need to lie? And who just was she seeing?