twenty

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

'  𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟖, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐  'Universal Studios Hollywood ━━━━𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖𝐒, 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖𝐒Los Angeles, California

'  𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟖, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐 '
Universal Studios Hollywood ━━━━
𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖𝐒, 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖𝐒
Los Angeles, California .ᐟ

❛ IF IS ABOUT RELATIONSHIPS. ❜

"The song If is about a woman who's saying that if she was with this guy whom she's been eyeing for a while the things she would do to him wouldn't be so innocent." She laughs at the end to which the cameraman and interviewer in the back quieter laughs along.

"So basically a want, and a yearning desire for something that isn't yours." The interviewer adds.

"Yes Exactly." She nods in agreement "The song digs into subjects that I feel like some artists are too shy to tap into or they might find it taboo. The video represents fantasy, desire, and voyeurism as it was intended as an elaborate metaphor for the song's racy content."

Imani wasn't going to shy away from certain topics that others might find uncertain. She wanted to push boundaries, she wanted to shake up the industry.

"It's nothing nasty or dirty, but it's very sexy. During taping in my mind, I kept saying 'Oh, my god, imagine if my mom was here.' Her mom wouldn't have been too fond of some of the dance moves so to picture her being there, she'd have quite the reaction.

"I was a little nervous when it came to the choreography which was partially choreographed by me and the amazing Tina Landon—because I was so used to mirrors surrounding every single corner so for me to be doing it in front of a camera...it was a little nerve-wracking."

"But I aced it, I did my thing, I thought I did great and I got a boost with my amazing dance crew aka the Cool Catz—don't tell 'em I told you this but I was the one who taught them everything they know." She winked in a joking manner.

"Literally from the moves to having rhythm, I taught 'em it all." Imani then looked up at the interviewer who was asking her something.

"Could you tell us about your outfit and what was the inspiration behind it?"

"Yes of course." She sat up slightly and began speaking "So the outfit itself was custom-made with bohemian influences about the fabrics, design, and look—shout out to my stylist Donnie for being a genius once again."

"The Choker was created by Mary Hancock Doug. I wanted various pieces and styles incorporated in the necklace to sort of mesh with the look."

"As for the rings." She lifts a hand "I just randomly chose ones that spoke to me." She didn't have an entire debacle on the accessories. Some were big, some were small including the skull ring she wore since she found it cute and different.

As Imani went into further details about the music video and hinted at other things regarding her blossoming career, someone who was 268 miles away was busy drowning in music while secretly missing her.

• • •

Meanwhile at The Hit Factory slender yet agile fingers fumbled with the piano keys. Hazel brown eyes grew sharp with attention as he paid attention to every bit of detail even the ones that weren't as noticeable.

He paused on one note (the same note that will ultimately become the intro in Cry for You) and lingered on it before making a mental note.

The faint smell of weed mixed with alcohol caused him the discreetly scrunch his nose in distaste but it wasn't enough to annoy him as he'd eventually grown used to it.

He'd usually be there alone ninety percent of the time but as for the day the occasional loud cackle belonging to K-Ci reminded him that he and the others were there.

K-Ci who couldn't help but notice DeVanté being so quiet (quieter than usual) nudges Dalvin who was doing everything but paying attention "Yo, what's up with DeVanté? Why is he acting all sad and shit."

Dalvin simply shrugged nonetheless "He's been that way ever since Imani left for Cali." It wasn't a secret amongst the four that DeVanté was acting a bit sour since he didn't even get to say goodbye or even send his good wishes to Imani because of having to go to a meeting.

"DeVanté you do realize that Imani is gonna eventually come back soon right? It's not like she's gonna be in L.A getting her feet wet." K-Ci said rather loudly and bluntly causing the man to look in his direction abruptly.

"The fuck is you talkin' about?" The man questioned with an eyebrow quirked up just to give an extra feel on his question. He wasn't so sure about what he heard but K-Ci better clarify himself.

Sucking his teeth at the older man Dalvin turns to his brother "What K-Ci meant is that we can all tell you have feelings for Imani, the question is what are you going to do about it?"

K-Ci looked at him with a puzzled expression "I ain't never said that—I mean whatever he just said." It came out quiet in the end when Dalvin motioned for him to follow his lead with a nudge.

DeVanté paused narrowing his eyes, he knew they were on some shit, sensed it but at the same time didn't blame them since it was a matter of time before the shit hits the fan.

"I don't know to be honest." It came out honest, almost vulnerable which isn't like DeVante—well to the general public. He'd rather just write his feelings and produce them into a song.

He was slowly coming to terms with his emotions towards her but then came the dilemma. He had an image to keep up with, she was an upcoming artist. Any mess-ups would cause damage on both sides.

"We can't force you to accept whatever you may feel towards her but what I can say is that before coming to terms—you gotta at least let her know that you have not one but two kids," JoJo spoke up after listening to what they were saying. It was almost like he was the one who made sense nine of the time.

The dealbreaker. DeVanté's two kids. It wasn't a shocker that he fathered two children as he was rather risqué when he was out and about. But it was the fact that he was only twenty-two with two kids that would make some raise their eyebrows.

"And you think that I haven't thought of that?" What woman in this world would want to deal with a man who has two kids by different women? The same men that their mothers warned them about from the beginning of time.

"All I'm sayin' nigga is tell her the truth because if whatever between y'all happens. You don't want her to find out that you have two kids by the media or by their mothers." JoJo did have a point there once again.

DeVanté had a lot on his plate and it was a matter of time before it all started spilling out.