ten

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍

'  𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟖, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐  'Broadway Dance Center ━━━━𝐌𝐒

' 𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟖, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐 '
Broadway Dance Center ━━━━
𝐌𝐒. 𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐎𝐍
New York, NY .ᐟ

❛ DON'T   BE SHY. ❜

"Okay, so I have some ideas," Imani stated, her hands already grabbing a towel as she dabbed her neck lightly. When she said some ideas she meant many ideas. They'd already gone over the beginning of the choreography about four times but Imani felt like something was missing so decided why not speak up now "Tina earlier you said something about the moves being assertive, right?" Tina nodded, stepping aside to let her explain what she meant further.

"So as we've been going over I've noticed that something was off and the song itself is an electric, rock uptempo type, so what we could do is first have the girls dance, and then have the male dancers join in at the end and have this kind of push and pull effect happening," Imani explained with the movement of her hands, purposefully making strong gestures to emphasize her words.

Tina nodded in agreement, a smile coming to her face as she pictured what Imani was saying with ease. Imani was the first besides Janet who spoke about how they felt when it came to what they felt fitted the choreography and what looked right and what looked wrong. She was firm with it, confident, and certainly more knowledgeable when it came to what was needed, which made Tina wonder just a little if she choreographed some dances before.

"I get what you're saying, and I like it." Tina smiled. She felt that something wasn't right with the choreography and was relieved that someone other than her saw it "Alright, Imani's gonna show us a bit of what she feels is needed in the choreography, Imani."

With a gracious nod, she steps in the middle of the floor eyes trained on her reflection she shouts "All eyes on me."

As a coordinated group, they ran through the routine time and time again with the input Imani added finding that it made things much smoother. The difficult dance was something that Imani found to be a little challenging due to some of the parts being rather touchy but grew used to it as time went by.

It wasn't easy at first as both women had very different creative energies that ended up often being strong or bold. With a couple of discussions, they've managed to create a unique routine, with Imani mainly coming up with the choreography for the male dancers, and Tina figuring out what Imani and the women would do. Imani stated many times that she wanted the choreography to convey the core message of the song boldly—which was a fantasy fueled by desire, want, passion, and what all claim to stay hidden, lust.

Hence with every move and dance sequence, it had to look perfect in Imani's eyes as the rising star was adamant about elevating the routine to its best possible form. Dance was a form of art and in that art form expressing yourself was a part of it. Unless you truly connected with the music and dance itself what's the point of even trying? The rehearsals were apparent in flying with ease until.